Other indy rpgs

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Levio91

Other indy rpgs

Postby Levio91 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:39 am

Are there any other indy rpgs I like this one I want to try some others out too. list a bunch.

Laclongquan

Postby Laclongquan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:07 am

Depths of Evil is one good indy : Diablo-clone but with intensive intra-game diplomatic aspects. Basically, you lead your faction to defeat monsters AND defeat other factions. Those factions will compete with you in hunting monster, solving quest, buying equipments. Actually, dominate them all will be the passion that drive you.

For the REAL indy experience, try Prelude of Darkness. 3D graphics, multiple storylines and endings, turnbased combat. Can you say "medieval Fallout"? Yeah, it's that good.

There are other good indy games but rpg will be tough. Most-awaited indy of the years, Age of Decadence is still in final polishment and will be released next Thursday, honest (XD).

Enjoy!

Agarwel Idiriz

Postby Agarwel Idiriz » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:32 am

For deep experience try Dwarf Fortress. Also RPG / Building game, with random enviroment. But much more deep. Only problems can be ASCII graphic. But once you get use to it... you will love that game :-)

tyjenks

Postby tyjenks » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:25 pm

"Laclongquan" wrote:Depths of Evil is one good indy

Ever-so-slight correction `Depths of Peril :P

Levio91

Postby Levio91 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Mount and Blade I just played the game and I am awestruck this game is amazin gbeyond belief i am hooked!!!!!!! try it out Mount and blade. amazing game.

Laclongquan

Postby Laclongquan » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:18 pm

"tyjenks" wrote:Ever-so-slight correction `Depths of Peril :P

I dont know why I always think of it as DOE, not DOP. I mean, some people at DOP's forum even corrected me on this before.

I guess Depths of Evil sound so much cooler (although uncorrect) than Depths of Peril.

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I tried the Depths of Peril demo and didn't care for it.

Is FATE still considered indie? It's a good Diablo 1 clone.

Eschalon: Book 1 is great, IMO.

Age of Decadence looks like it will be good, but there is no official release date, yet.

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:29 pm

Last Scenario is the best Freeware RPG I've ever played. It's a JRPG, so you do Turn Based Combat in Random Encounters that pop up as you're wandering around. The graphics aren't that great, but the story is utterly amazing and the balance and gameplay design are remarkably well done.

Note that it's far more similar to Final Fantasy than this kind of game though...

crossmr

Postby crossmr » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:41 am

Avernum and Exile series by Spiderweb Software..still works on the Shareware model today.

Return to “General Discussion”