Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
crossmr

Only 1 fortune teller? and other follower oddities

Postby crossmr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:30 am

So I noticed the following:
Only 1 acolyte (light/dark priest)
Only 1 Merchant
Only 1 goodman (innkeeper)

Which makes sense to a certain degree (though perhaps having more than one church should allow you to increase the strength of a prayer)
However I'm perplexed as to why we're allowed only 1 fortune teller, and when you upgrade the fortune teller, it returns the crystal ball as though it could be used again. Yet I sat there clicking "advertise" when I had the biggest inn and even though I spent hundreds of gold I didn't see another fortune teller.

Frankly if it becomes difficult to find herbs I might instead have to rely on apples or the like to buff my guy, and the terribly slow pace of getting apples or other things from the fortune teller/warlock needs to be compensated by allowing us to make more than one.

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:25 am

I agree. I can see why there is a 1 inn and 1 merchant limit (more would make no sense, give problems.) But more fortune tellers would be nice and they can limited by not giving out crystal balls like candy anyway. IE let the upgraded fortune teller (witch?) keep his/her crystal ball and seed 3 crystal balls into the game. (Or small map size 1, medium 2, and large 3)

Good point!

crossmr

Postby crossmr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 am

I actually forgot one thing.. after you choose good why do necromancers still show up?
There is no way for you to take them.

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 am

You can boot your light priest, demolish his temple, then get a dark priest instead and then get the Necromancer. God knows why you'd want to, but it is possible.

[Tom]

Postby [Tom] » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:01 am

Since I like the Good Priest more (Healing > Debuff) I normally first build a Evil Temple, hire a Necromancer, destroy the Evil Temple, build a new one, this time a Good one, and then hire the High Priest.

So you have both, High Priest and Necromancer ;)

Bolgo The Madd

Postby Bolgo The Madd » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Light Priest should kill the Necromancer.... or they should fight in your town, and all your peasants get caught in the crossfire.

KnuckleHead

Postby KnuckleHead » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Is there anywhere that has all the characters and what they do?

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:38 pm

A Dark Priest should be in his chapel, doing the Prayer of the Assassin. Not in your party. :p

Bolgo The Madd

Postby Bolgo The Madd » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:15 am

I never really noticed the fortuneteller thing until now.
I've got 4 herbalists and 1 fortuneteller... hilarious.

Maybe you CAN have too much of a good thing?

Return to “General Discussion”