Content Update coming

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
SharedProphet

Content Update coming

Postby SharedProphet » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:58 pm

Since they don't seem to have posted it here I thought I would in case people didn't notice. From the main Hinterland site:
Tilted Mill wrote:October 6th, 2008
Tilted Mill is working on a content update for Hinterland to be released in a week or so. Details on the update will be released really soon, so be sure to check back!

KnuckleHead

Postby KnuckleHead » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Awesome!

ivot

Postby ivot » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:31 pm

TM, will be this an update that we'll need to pay for or will it be free?

KnuckleHead

Postby KnuckleHead » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 pm

Typically "updates" are free.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:37 pm

"ivot" wrote:TM, will be this an update that we'll need to pay for or will it be free?

It would be a very strange behavior for a company to put a non free update few days after the release of a game.

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm still content with the content, but might be even more content with more content ;)

Mister H

Postby Mister H » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:13 pm

Can't wait to see what's in store!

Nemeo

Postby Nemeo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:14 am

I think that the content update will be a language pack. I'm not expecting anything else, so any other addition would be a nice surprise. :p

magnemoe

Postby magnemoe » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:20 am

"Nemeo" wrote:I think that the content update will be a language pack. I'm not expecting anything else, so any other addition would be a nice surprise. :p

Language packs are not content.
An update who adds more features would be welcome, production orders, possibility to stack bonus items for producers in town like give the trapper two snares. larger town storage or a large secondary storage would be nice, gets a little stupid to use dead raiders as storage and if you have lots of production most of the city storage would be taken up by produced items.

Would prefer this updates to getting more items types of production buildings.

SharedProphet

Postby SharedProphet » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:50 pm

More:
Tilted Mill wrote:October 8th, 2008
Tilted Mill released details about the first free content update for Hinterland, expected to be available in a few days! The update includes new character types to play as, new creature-specific items, the ability to acquire resources through your town, a character info screen, and many other enhancements and features inspired by community feedback.

Which links to the press release:
Tilted Mill wrote:KEEP LOOTING, LEVELING AND BUILDING!
Tilted Mill to Release First Hinterland Content Update

October 8, 2008 – Following the successful release of Hinterland, a fantasy PC title featuring fast paced RPG combat and strategic town-building, Tilted Mill Entertainment today announced that it will be releasing the first free Content Update for the title very shortly.

"We're really happy with the reception our first truly independent title has received," said Chris Beatrice, Tilted Mill’s president. "It's always been our goal to have more of a direct relationship with the people who enjoy our games, so that we can involve them in the process on an ongoing basis. We want to grow Hinterland as a collaborative effort with the gamers who are playing it, and the first content update reflects that."

The free update will include:
Two new character types you can play as - The Elf Archer and the Dwarf Warrior

Creature-specific item drops - Rare and unique items, (e.g. Troll Blood) that give the character who consumes them permanent bonuses

Character Info Screen - Details your abilities, and gives information on the town in general

You can acquire resources through economic means - Dig a well for Fresh Water, plant Herbs, import Iron, etc.

Expanded character customization choices when leveling - Three ability choices instead of two with the third choice based on your character’s profession.

Item Sorting – Ability to automatically sort inventory items by type and relative power

Auto-equipping - Townspeople will automatically take items they can use from the town inventory periodically as needed (this can also be turned off if desired)

Miscellaneous balancing, pacing and usability improvements and refinements - made in response to player feedback

Sounds pretty awesome to me. : )

Nemeo

Postby Nemeo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm

Omg it's awesome! It's all the more awesome that I was not expecting anything (you should try not to expect anything, it's exhilarating when it happens to be a real content update).

And he says it's the FIRST free content update. Which literaly means that there will be a SECOND content update.

I'm not expecting anything, but it's still time to edit and replace this "first" with an "a". :p

KnuckleHead

Postby KnuckleHead » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:02 pm

Very very impressed! It appears TiltedMill listens to the player's concerns and ideas.

Nemeo

Postby Nemeo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:14 pm

They must be gay. The percentage of developpers listening to their customers is actually the same as the percentage of gay people in the world. Coincidence? I think not.

I truly respect you TM. Keep up the good work. Oh, and by the way, we need a playable troll character. Naked, preferably, with the same financial abilities as John McCain and the same popularity as a nazi in a Bat Mitzva.

guru

Postby guru » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:35 pm

They must be gay.
Oh, and by the way, we need a playable troll character. Naked, preferably.

? random glue sniffing today?

Anyways...yea the updates are very awesome! Looking forward to more inventory slots, and everquest type loot of varying tiers.

Btw, you can play as a naked troll, in the game...maybe you meant on this forum.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:02 pm

uhhh... yeah...

....anyways :confused:

Im very happy that the content pack is free ;)
I was sort of expecting it to be 5 USD like Alexandria :eek:

speaking of which.. didn't you say you would continue to add content packs to COTN aswell?
(so long as the community wants em)

Nemeo

Postby Nemeo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:40 pm

You can't play as a troll. I checked it twice, and no, you can't, at least I can't.

I didn't expect free content updates, but I don't think that having us pay for them would have been a good idea. The game is great but I purchased Mount and blade in beta stage for 20 bucks and I feel like more work was put into it, even if it was still a bit buggy at this time. It being free just shows that they know their business and that they care about their fanbase, and not only about money.

Don't get me wrong, this game is still a great bargain when compared to other "games". But a game is quite short (like 4 hours) and I don't think that everyone would replay it over and over again.
Last edited by Nemeo on Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:41 pm

So awesome!

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:17 pm

This sounds like excellent news, especially looking forwards to the ability to generate resources.

Return to “General Discussion”