Best gaming experience in a long time

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Menigal

Best gaming experience in a long time

Postby Menigal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:18 pm

I just want to say thanks, Tilted Mill. Despite the fact that this is an inexpensive, simple game, it's so far been the best gaming experience I've had in a long time. It was obviously made by people who care about what they are doing and who want to keep working to make it even better.

The game itself is simple, but fun, and a great mix of city-building and adventuring. A bit more detail on your town and followers would be nice, such as knowing what sort of attacks they can do (healing, blessing, fireballs, etc.) without having to take them out fighting, but I've found nothing that really bothers me. It looks like there's quite a few ways to play, too, with all of the different types of characters and building options.

I keep finding myself comparing Hinterland to my other recent new game, Spore, and how much better it's been in almost every way. Where that game could easily be used as a guide on how not to release and support a game, this one has been a brilliant example of how some people are still willing to put a little heart into their work and make a game instead of merely a piece of software.

Thank you for a game that I'll probably keep on my hard-drive for a long time to come.

existenz

Postby existenz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:07 am

I absolutely agree. This is the first RPG I think have ever played and have spent coutless hours on it. Love the combination of town building and fighting but as people are saying more detailed stats on how much an item adds to your production levels would be nice but so far love it just like it is. Thanks TM. Have been a great fan of your work - COTN is still my all time favorite game. Keep up the fantastic work! :)

Levio91

Postby Levio91 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:28 pm

its definetly better than spore but my greatest recent gaming experince came from mount and blade an amazing game and also indy.

Return to “General Discussion”