Steam Patch (Widescreen) availible now

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Jeff Fiske

Steam Patch (Widescreen) availible now

Postby Jeff Fiske » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:30 pm

There is a new version up on Steam which has improved windowed mode support and some technical updates to ease issues that some people have installing on Vista Machines.

Additionally you will not see pumpkins in the game unless you play with one of the Halloween characters, a few rare stat increasing items have been added to the game, and a rare crash with inventory management has been fixed.

Non-Steam users will be getting the update shortly.

Enjoy

rebelzeppelin

Postby rebelzeppelin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:09 am

Awesome, Jeff! I was wondering about that.

Now the question is, when's the next content update.

We know you're there, now you can't hide from us... ;)

Scottso

Postby Scottso » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Any idea when we will see this update on Impulse? I'm anxious for the widescreen fix over here and the guys at Stardock say they will put it up as soon as you send it to them.

Deguar

Postby Deguar » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:48 pm

"Jeff Fiske" wrote:There is a new version up on Steam which has improved windowed mode support and some technical updates to ease issues that some people have installing on Vista Machines.

Additionally you will not see pumpkins in the game unless you play with one of the Halloween characters, a few rare stat increasing items have been added to the game, and a rare crash with inventory management has been fixed.

Non-Steam users will be getting the update shortly.

Enjoy

Neato, I was just trying out a goblin thief for the first time as well. Please send the update to Stardock soonest though so I can get it through Impulse :)

Scottso

Postby Scottso » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:49 am

Got my update on Impulse today! Thanks for getting it over there! :)

captainclams

Postby captainclams » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:14 am

Why the decision to limit pumpkins to Halloween characters?

Solice

Postby Solice » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:39 am

"captainclams" wrote:Why the decision to limit pumpkins to Halloween characters?

Im guessing it has to do with pumpkins connection to Halloween?

J Arcane

Postby J Arcane » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:59 pm

So any word on when this will be available for the retail version? I assumed given the date of release it would have all this stuff by now, but it does not appear to support widescreen resolutions that I can find, and I can't find any obvious settings files in the program directory to indicate how I might do so manually.

Boaster

Postby Boaster » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:37 am

"Solice" wrote:Im guessing it has to do with pumpkins connection to Halloween?

Has to do with playing the Trickster.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:29 pm

"J Arcane" wrote:So any word on when this will be available for the retail version? I assumed given the date of release it would have all this stuff by now, but it does not appear to support widescreen resolutions that I can find, and I can't find any obvious settings files in the program directory to indicate how I might do so manually.

I have widescreen resolutions for my widescreen in Orc Lords cd version in Settings, as well as my Steam download version.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:19 am

Just an update to my last post with new info.

I fried my graphics card playing Orc Lords Long game on my old XP Sony. I had posted that both Steam & cd versions had widescreen.

My new Gaming SuperComputer is Vista Home Premium 64. Neither the Steam nor the cd version has widescreen any longer.

So that explains that! ;)

LadyCrimson

Postby LadyCrimson » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:01 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I have widescreen resolutions for my widescreen in Orc Lords cd version in Settings, as well as my Steam download version.

Hmm...the copy of Orc Lords that I bought from Gamestop a few days ago does not show widescreen resolution options under Settings.

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:41 pm

"LadyCrimson" wrote:Hmm...the copy of Orc Lords that I bought from Gamestop a few days ago does not show widescreen resolution options under Settings.

Check again. Usually after the first start, you get a full complement of resolutions.

If you are still having problems, make sure your video drivers are updated. Also, you can just go to a non-full screen res, and drag it to any size if you like, though you get better performance on most machines, when full screen.

LadyCrimson

Postby LadyCrimson » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 pm

"Jeff Fiske" wrote:Check again. Usually after the first start, you get a full complement of resolutions.

If you are still having problems, make sure your video drivers are updated. Also, you can just go to a non-full screen res, and drag it to any size if you like, though you get better performance on most machines, when full screen.

Ah...so I won't see them unless I'm in full-screen mode. That would make sense, silly me. :o When I go to full screen, I had to click the options button a couple times, but the widescreen resolutions did show up eventually.

The game, for me, defaults to windowed mode when I start it, and I've largely been playing that way, since it seems to run fine and I don't have to alt-tab out to do other things. Great to know wide full screen is there when I want it...and it looks very nice on the 1920 resolution. :D

Return to “General Discussion”