Debut Contest for Hinterland! City of Women

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
JuliaSet

Debut Contest for Hinterland! City of Women

Postby JuliaSet » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:31 pm

Contest 148- City of Women (Hinterland)
CBC is proud to present City of Women, the debut contest for Tilted Mill's Hinterland. This contest is being run in easy and hard difficulties.

The French translation for the contest (thank you to Schwartzhorse for doing this) may be found here.

Any questions regarding this contest will be answered in the CBC forum.

Please be aware that as with all debut contests, we are playing things by ear as far as contest rules goes. At this stage, if you can do something in the game, and it is not specifically disallowed in the contest page, it is allowed. Please send a PM to the designer/goonsquad if you have any questions of a sensitive nature.

As in all CBC contests, we ask that you not reveal your score prior to the announcement of the result.

We`at CBC hope you will find this debut contest enjoyable.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:22 am

Wow, are YOU good enough to win this one?

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:58 pm

I have offered prizes for this contest. We only have one person in easy and one in hard level submitted thus far.

Who will win Hinterland "flavoured" pottery?

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:30 am

You're offering some of your prized ceramics? :( (very sad that Hinterland still doesn't work)

Donktard

Postby Donktard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:38 am

your link wasn't working for me...otherwise you migh as well hand over the ceramics and save everyone else the time....

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 pm

http://www.citybuildingcontests.net/archives2/contest148-H/index.html I just finished making custom Hinterland porcelain cups. There are no handles on them, but are more like Japanese winter tea bowls with Hinterland carved in the "wood" When they come out of the kiln, I will post pictures of them.
JS

http://www.citybuildingcontests.net/ If the first link does not work.

Donktard

Postby Donktard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:18 pm

Tank Shoe !!!

I'll get to the business of obtaining those cups tonight!!

Donktard

Postby Donktard » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 pm

I'll be danged if I can get to that contest....

I got to the part where you can get the zip files, but I had to go through the German translated site to get there...when I try to get the files internet explorer "cannot find the page" ... maybe that's why there are so few entries?

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:23 am

Strange that you can't get the files... I had no problems at all, on any page...

goonsquad

Postby goonsquad » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 pm

This link is to the CBC contest page which also contains links to the easy and hard files, both of which appear to work.

In addition to winning the unique mugs, the winners of this contest will enter the CBC Hall of Fame, which consists of the winners of all CBC debut contests. I will post the current membership on here shortly.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:51 pm

"JuliaSet" wrote:Wow, are YOU good enough to win this one?

You have absolutely no idea how negative my reaction is to this post.

So, if we don't enter your contests we are not good enough?

Man-o-man

I will never again enter a contest at CBC

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:36 pm

I wouldn't take it personal, looks like they're trying to drum up some interest in the contest.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:50 pm

It is your loss Tinkerbell, if you don't want to join. TM makes some pretty awesome games.

Here is a peek at the start of the prizes. They are made of porcelain clay, which dries white. I made an extra, in case an "orc gets into the final firing." I plan a wood toned glaze for the outside of the cups, with a white liner glaze.

CBC designers are firm TM supporters. There are just three competitors who have submitted saves thus far. That means anyone submitting has a pretty good chance of winning a prize.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goonsquad

Postby goonsquad » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:10 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:
I will never again enter a contest at CBC

Too soon for me. However, given your track record in making sweeping statements like this, I will believe it when I see it.

JuliaSet's whole idea of running a contest for Hinterland was that it might even persuade a couple of people to download the game and in some small way help TM in their current difficulties.

You are such a dork, Tinkerbell.
Last edited by goonsquad on Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:21 am

"goonsquad" wrote:You are such a dork, Tinkerbell.

lol

The problem with CBC is the air of elitism

Like only the cool kids play there

You have badges. You "think" you are the best. You even claim to have contests where the Little People can be "led" by the "pros". Funnier than hell

Tis the problem the forum has so few members & the contests so few players.

You clowns are so stuck on yourselves, it is sickening. It is the very same at HeavenGames. They called themselves "Angels" as in a gift from God.

"Bow before me. I am JuliaSet. Queen of the Universe" "Obey & kiss my ring, or I will send out Ceasar Clifford, goonsquad or the other slaves to troll you."

and the smiley overkill drives me crazy

Uh, I don't thknk so...

Look inward, my friend. Your solution is there.

Further Example. Look at JuliaSet's response:

"JuliaSet" wrote:It is your loss Tinkerbell, if you don't want to join. TM makes some pretty awesome games.

It's MY loss if I don't compete. I can't enjoy TM games unless I do CBC contests. TM games are not "awesome" unless I play at CBC.

Oh please

Is our children learning?
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:04 am, edited 11 times in total.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:12 am

But Tink, you're a member of CBC and you play their contests: http://www.citybuildingcontests.net/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=140473

Just pointing that out...

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:But Tink, you're a member of CBC and you play their contests: http://www.citybuildingcontests.net/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=140473

Just pointing that out...

I have entered two contests as a courtesy to the scenariomakers I enjoy. One for COTN & one for C4. It was nothing about the contests.

Now for the reading impared (Amun), what does the phrase "never again" mean. Hmmmmm?
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Ah, there it is hidden away in one of the posts, took a while to find it. When there's an argument going on I usually don't read the posts entirely because I figure they will just be repeating things.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 pm

But Tink, TM supports both CityBuildingContests and Heavengames. This is from the manual of CotN:

This is something you cannot dispute.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

Prizes finished. Look for contest extension.

Return to “General Discussion”