Hinterland: Orc Lords released!

Postby Reed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Store Links (Boxed Version)
Amazon / Best Buy / NewEgg / GameStop / GotGameEntertainment

Download Links (Digital Version)
Steam / Impulse / Direct2Drive / GamersGate / Greenhouse

Press Release
June 10, 2009
– Tilted Mill Entertainment -- independent developers of strategy, simulation and role-playing games – today announced the release of Hinterland: Orc Lords, an expanded version of its innovative 2008 fantasy PC title featuring fast paced RPG combat and strategic town-building.

Hinterland: Orc Lords includes the full original full game, where you lead a diverse cast of characters to establish a small haven in the wild backcountry of a fantasy kingdom, and select individuals to join your party on expeditions of exploration and conquest in the surrounding lands. In Hinterland: Orc Lords you have the option to play as an up and coming Orc leader, with two Orc classes to choose from (Orc Lord or Shaman).

“Playing as an Orc makes you approach the game differently. It requires a different frame of mind to be successful, which was one of our goals. The fact that you need to employ a different strategic approach as an Orc also expands replayability,” said Jeff Fiske, design director at Tilted Mill. Orcs level faster, are generally better fighters, and can eat whatever they kill! But they also require more food, and produce items more slowly.

“Players have really enjoyed the “loot, level and build” gameplay dynamic of Hinterland, and we thought it would be fun to turn things around be able to play as the bad guys. After all, there are two sides to every story!” said Chris Beatrice, president of Tilted Mill. “And our fans have been so loyal and supportive, we really wanted to say thanks, by giving them something more.”

The game is available now for download, and in retail stores across North America. Players who already own the original version of Hinterland can get the enhanced Orc Lords version for free.
Last edited by Reed on Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Congrats guys! :D

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:58 pm

"Reed" wrote:Players who already own the original version of Hinterland can get the enhanced Orc Lords version for free.

Awesome!

Congratulations on the new version! Hopefully a boxed version will bring a lot of new people to the Hinterland who wouldn't have dared to venture there otherwise.

Solice

Postby Solice » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:42 am

I really was having a lot of doubt how the enhanced version was going to be handled. I am really happy to see ill be getting the update via steam.

I think Tinkerbell might be the only person who never lost faith.

Anyway congrats to everyone at TM, now if youll excuse me I'm going happily to go and post this on my blog.

Je-Tze

wha...???

Postby Je-Tze » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:54 am

I don't have the Steam version. I got mine through Greenhouse. I have found zero info on how to update to the new version of the game with Orc Lords. Not on Tilted Mill nor Greenhouse.

Please help. =)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Bravo, Tilted Mill & Got Game Entertainment!

:) :) :)

Deguar

There goes the weekend....

Postby Deguar » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:37 pm

It's going to be a balmy sunny weekend...and look what appears.

Orc Lords.jpg

Thank you Jeff and the gang.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:38 pm

"Je-Tze" wrote:I don't have the Steam version. I got mine through Greenhouse. I have found zero info on how to update to the new version of the game with Orc Lords. Not on Tilted Mill nor Greenhouse.

Please help. =)

It is coming. Takes a little work on Greenhouse's part and on ours- we need to go back and forth on a couple things.

Je-Tze

Postby Je-Tze » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:57 am

Yay! =)
TYVM.

Zakath

Postby Zakath » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Any news on when GamersGate will recieve the update? It still only has the good old Hinterland release available.

Tyro

Postby Tyro » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:21 pm

If I buy the original from Gamersgate, will I get the updat when it comes out on Gamersgate free,

Zakath

Postby Zakath » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:09 pm

"Tyro" wrote:If I buy the original from Gamersgate, will I get the updat when it comes out on Gamersgate free,

Yes you will. It just showed up on My Games there.

Thank you Tilted Mill! Now I just need to conjure up some time to play it :)

LordFu

Postby LordFu » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:44 am

Congratulations and thanks!

danmedic

Orc Lords

Postby danmedic » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:58 pm

So I don't see Orc Lords on D2D just the original Hinterland. Also, how do I upgrade to Orc Lords for free? I own Hinterland but don't see a patch or upgrade link anywhere. You advertise Orc Lords is free to people who already own Hinterland, so how do I get it? :confused:

Kordesh

Postby Kordesh » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 am

I didn't even notice my Steam copy was updated to the Orc Lords version. That's awesome. I need to check this out right now.

<3

edlglide

Greenhouse?

Postby edlglide » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Any news on the Greenhouse version of Orc Lords? Still waiting for a chance to play it.

Je-Tze

Postby Je-Tze » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Razorjack

Postby Razorjack » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:17 am

"edlglide" wrote:Any news on the Greenhouse version of Orc Lords? Still waiting for a chance to play it.

"Je-Tze" wrote:Come on Tilted Mill.
This is not OK.
http://forum.playgreenhouse.com/jforum/posts/list/1411.page

I'd really appreciate some developer loving here and help us out. If you are giving free upgrades to people that purchased this game, then help those who are waiting for their free upgrades!

Yes I purchased on greenhouse. Now, I'm regretting it!

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:06 am

A greenhouse version will be coming.

I am sorry for the delay and lack of information.

Exirtis

Postby Exirtis » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:34 am

"Jeff Fiske" wrote:A greenhouse version will be coming.

I am sorry for the delay and lack of information.

Is there any way we, who are waiting for the greenhouse version, could be put on a list so that we'll be automatically notified once Orc Lords is downloadable from there?

It beats frequent checking back here for updates on our part, and it would be better for you guys than being constantly badgered by us. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”