Do you prefer the dark priest or light priest? Why?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
blitz100

Do you prefer the dark priest or light priest? Why?

Postby blitz100 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:45 pm

I never use the Necromancer because I try to beat the game quickly. You'll add 10+ days of game time waiting for him to summon something good. Because of this I prefer the light priest and high priest. Both can learn the Wearer of Armor prayer. This prayer can create both weapons and armor. I believe the dark priest's Keeper of Weapons prayer only creates weapons. However the dark priest also has the God of Assassins prayer which many people like.

Boaster

Postby Boaster » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 pm

I prefer the path of light. This way you can have two guys in town Praying/Chanting. However, prayers do not stack.

Xarne

Postby Xarne » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:59 pm

If prayers dont stack, I dont see the point in having 2 in town
Necro is totally off balance. Takes way too long research then, when given the time, will steamroll everything you encounter.
I take Necro cause it doesnt require a artifact to make his temple and because I play long games.
But when I do find that thing that makes High Priest temples I'll make her. Its like 6 of one/ half dozen of the other cause usually by the time you get to where you can build either - you and your team are heavily equipped: A healer would just make fights easier to recoup from and team necro will destroy stuff so fast there's no need for healer

blitz100

Postby blitz100 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Just because you can't stack prayers doesn't make them useless. Basically you can't have both a high priest and light priest using a prayers like Sun God or Gods of Protection at the same time since the prayers don't stack. All you do is have one use Sun God and the other use Gods of Protection so you can heal faster and have a better defense.

Xarne

Postby Xarne » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:37 pm

All those casters in town, who's healing your adventuring party?
My priest stays neutral until I can get some herbalists in town make one of them a doc, then I turn the priest (light/dark), swap him out for the Doc.
God of assassins is very nice, but I only used it when I made Dk Priests for Necros...Necros take way too long to get battle ready so I've stopped hiring them. Everyone has their own strategy

Return to “General Discussion”