Ideal party?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
GenghisKim

Ideal party?

Postby GenghisKim » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:29 pm

What would you say is the ideal party?

I've been using either 2 melees and 2 healers or 1 melee, 2 ranged, and 1 healer.

Suggestions?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Usually I just get 2 Melee + 1 healer and tank my way through. The healer usually will also get a weapon and heal between battles.
But I am no pro, still stumbling my way through.
:cool:

blitz100

Postby blitz100 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Any party can be successful if you use the right tactics.

I make my character a tank with 1-2 healers and 1-2 melee depending on what I find. Ideally 3 healers make the best party, but it takes too long to find good equipment and get the gold required to hire them. Healers fight just as well as all the other characters in combat except guards and they will quickly heal your party so you never need to go back to town unless it is being raided. The bad thing about this is that it is a pain to switch between fighting and healing gear constantly, but that's what you have to do if you want them to level up so they can do both jobs. Too bad the AI wasn't better so they'd automatically switch to healing when not in combat.

One tactic I like is to give low level healers a good bow and switch to a wand or staff once an enemy attacks them so they stay out of combat and gain experience. Using this method you will get many free attacks on enemies as they try to run past your character to reach your healer/archer. When you switch your healer back to a wand/staff in combat and attack the enemy with your character it will start to attack your character instead of your healer so your healer will be safe and the enemy will take significant damage before it does much to you.

Xarne

Postby Xarne » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 pm

Thats a good tactic. I used to build 3 healer parties but thats 3 less people making potions and sometimes, on the last 4-5 zones on a 50 zone map, the difference between life and death is having a potion or two ready.

I used to go for the 'well-rounded' party too (tank, ranged, melee, caster) but archery is just too slow/weak in the second half of the game, imo.

My party always starts the same: Herder/trapper (food providers) always get hired first, then I look for a priest or herbalists.

Return to “General Discussion”