How do you equp casters?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
GenghisKim

How do you equp casters?

Postby GenghisKim » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:50 pm

Is there a reason not to give them shields and heavy armor? For instance, would their casting/healing spells be compromised if they do?

GenghisKim

Postby GenghisKim » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:51 pm

Also, should I give them Bows or staves/wands?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:03 pm

The caster needs a wand to cast spells. If you want them to fight also then they need a weapon, Wand, Bow or Melee does not matter much depending on skills/stats. Either way you probably do not want the caster/healer to take any hits so you have to protect them.

I have not used a caster to do damage so there may be better ideas out there ;)

It seems to me that most everything is about the item stats and your gameplay. I try to approach every round differently so it does not get boring. :) try everything and I am sure you will find what you like best along with what works best per character for your gameplay sytle.
:cool:

blitz100

Postby blitz100 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Some armor and shields slows spell casting down so you should only equip your casters with armor and shields that speed it up.

Xarne

Postby Xarne » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:45 pm

My casters are no different from my soldiers, except for one thing: 2H weapon
I try to equip sword/shield for all when possible but casters always get 2H weapons just because its easier on the gear-swap when healing after battle.
And my casters always get first picks on dmg-based trinkets.
As you know, casting takes forever to increase dmg, so I let them level their attack up with weapons until end of battle, then 2mouse drags and he's in a robe and staff healing

blitz100

Postby blitz100 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 pm

I find the best way to level up your caster's attack is to equip them with rusty daggers. If you use a 2H weapon they will kill the enemy too fast to level the ATT skill much. If you don't mind waiting a little and have all healers, you can equip them all with heavy armor/sheild and wand/staves and let them get beatup while they constantly heal themselves so they can improve all their skills.

Return to “General Discussion”