New Hinterland Version?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
Tinkerbell

New Hinterland Version?

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon May 03, 2010 1:45 pm

TGC Announces Launch of Special Edition of Hinterland, Developed by Tilted Mill, Across Europe

Hinterland – A New Kingdom hits stores this spring with thrilling fights, versatile city-building and well thought-out management gameplay.

April 8, 2010 - Berlin - Fans of strategy games and management simulations will have fond memories of Tilted Mill thanks to their successful Caesar™ franchise and the critically acclaimed Sim City Societies. The latest masterpiece - Hinterland – A new kingdom - from this independent game studio will be released by TGC – The Games Company as an enhanced and exclusive special edition for Europe. The multilingual special edition of Hinterland – A new kingdom will feature additional game content, exclusive concept art and the official soundtrack, while keeping the original, addictive gameplay, set in a graphically rich and beautifully designed game world.

In the fantasy world of Hinterland – A new kingdom the player faces the challenge of building and developing his village and hiring and feeding new workers, farmers and soldiers – in short, he is in charge of all aspects of running a prospering settlement. But that's not all: he also needs to assemble a party of heroes to face a variety of monsters, orcs, villains and other enemies threatening his village. Vanquishing these enemies in classical RPG style battles offers rewards like gold, items and experience to develop heroes and his prospering hamlet.

The ultimate goal of the Hinterland is to build a flourishing settlement and a battle-hardened militia. Based on how you play, the balance between party based RPG action, management of your settlement and character development of your citizens will change. Because of this the experience will appeal to both hardcore gamers as well as casual players. Hinterland is also fully optimized for laptops and netbooks so it's ready to go on any platform - even for mobile gaming. Hinterland – A new kingdom is still available to distribution partners in some countries.

About TGC – The Games Company Worldwide GmbH
TGC – The Games Company is an innovative content provider for all forms of interactive entertainment. It was set up at the start of 2006 in Berlin as an international publisher of computer and video games and as a developer of many excellent and high-class in house productions. TGC is involved in conventional trade at home and abroad and all digital sales markets as well. Its committed team, which stands out because of its extensive experience, high level of professionalism and a strong global network of partners in this field handles publications related to next-gen consoles and PC with the same dedication it lends to online, browser, mobile and social games. For more information on TGC and the unique innovative corporate concept, please visit http://www.the-games-company.com

We even have screenies already!

HOOT !!! :) :) :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon May 03, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon May 03, 2010 11:34 pm

It doesn't seem any different from regular Hinterlands. Seems like it's just another re-release for the benefit of the European market. But it's too early to say, I suppose. :confused:

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue May 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Why oh why does the news get released outside first prior to here?

I just do not understand this company's thinking. It seem like they are doing everything they can to NOT generate any hype about their games. very strange...
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue May 04, 2010 4:42 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Why oh why does the news get released outside first prior to here?

I just do not understand this company's thinking. It seem like they are doing everything they can to NOT generate any hype about their games. very strange...

Unbelievable, no?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed May 05, 2010 3:48 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Unbelievable, no?

Totally, I wonder if it is old world secrecy? You would think that modern open business has proved that hype sells more than secrecy. Especially in this marketplace (gaming) where initial sales are everything.

Or perhaps I was right in guessing it's just Chris and Jeff playing the latest FPS game not doing any real development and just living off of past profits. :eek:

blitz100

Postby blitz100 » Wed May 05, 2010 11:55 pm

It sounds like TGC and Tilted Mill are two different companies. Did TGC buy the rights to Hinterland? Does anyone have an idea why they only want to release it in Europe?

tobing

Postby tobing » Thu May 06, 2010 10:35 am

"blitz100" wrote:It sounds like TGC and Tilted Mill are two different companies. Did TGC buy the rights to Hinterland? Does anyone have an idea why they only want to release it in Europe?

They are different companies, and my guess is that indeed TM sold the rights to TGC, so they can distribute a boxed version of Hinterland. TGC has quite a few such titles in their portfolio.

Maybe if this works in Europe, they will also have the boxed version for other markets?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu May 06, 2010 2:59 pm

"tobing" wrote:They are different companies, and my guess is that indeed TM sold the rights to TGC, so they can distribute a boxed version of Hinterland. TGC has quite a few such titles in their portfolio.

Hopefully leased & not sold so that TM continues to get residuals with each sale of the game to customers. Primary ownership should stay with TM.

Maybe if this works in Europe, they will also have the boxed version for other markets?

Yup yup yup!

We already have a boxed version in the US via GotGame Entertainment.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:09 pm

oh well it's a strange news because TM in this doesn't say anything about it but it would be great because Hinterland today in Europe is totally unknown.

i hope that Hinterland will arrive also in italy but honestly i don't believe that hinterland will be avaible for all the platform include a mobile game.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Interesting, GameFaqs has a US release date of

"This game is scheduled for release in North America Q2 2010"

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/995198-hinterland-a-new-kingdom

North America?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat May 08, 2010 5:35 pm

lol Another bit of news that we are the last to hear about. I wonder what the differences and additions are to the Hinterlands box version?

I also wonder why TM does not care enough about the community to even coordinate released news? Sure maybe they can not tell us early but there is always a release date on news, it should be coordinated into the community at the same time.

hmmmm just depresses me more about the future of TM

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 pm

"PantherX" wrote:lol Another bit of news that we are the last to hear about.

I think that is a misstatement by GameFaqs, PantherX. They probably mean Europe.

I posted it cuz it is funny!

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon May 10, 2010 6:52 am

According to a news bit from 4players.de the box version is not different from the fully patched Steam version, there's no additional game content. It's just in a box, and they want 30€ for it, which is about 39US$. Wow.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed May 12, 2010 2:44 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Yup yup yup!

We already have a boxed version in the US via GotGame Entertainment.

That be "Orc Lords" Matey! :)

Actually an expansion pack - I believe. Steam users may have gotten it for free as a patch?
Last edited by tomnobles on Wed May 12, 2010 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added last sentence.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed May 12, 2010 3:42 pm

"tomnobles" wrote:That be "Orc Lords" Matey! :)

Dat it be me hearty. Ahr me Ahrrr! :D

Actually an expansion pack - I believe. Steam users may have gotten it for free as a patch?

Yes, we got Orc Lords on Steam as a free autoupdate to Hinterland.

tomnobles

For those that want a CD version

Postby tomnobles » Wed May 12, 2010 6:02 pm

For those that want a CD version of Hinterland, Got Game Entertainment doesn't offer it anymore. http://www.gotgameentertainment.com/hinterland/
The official site is also dead; http://www.hinterland-game.com

About $14 at, also used ones for about $5 Amazon.

I have the CD from GGE from last year and works great. One of the few games that don't require the CD to be in the drive to play.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tomnobles on Wed May 12, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed May 12, 2010 6:45 pm

"tomnobles" wrote:For those that want a CD version of Hinterland, Got Game Entertainment doesn't offer it anymore. http://www.gotgameentertainment.com/hinterland/
The official site is also dead; http://www.hinterland-game.com

Oh wow!

About $14 at, also used ones for about $5 Amazon.

Yep, that's where I got mine on day one.

I have the CD from GGE from last year and works great. One of the few games that don't require the CD to be in the drive to play.

Another WOW! I never tried it w/o the disk, but you are correct! Yummy!

Thankx, tomnobles! :)

Nighteyes

Postby Nighteyes » Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 am

I hope that it gets released in Australia as well, I kind of lost out 'cause Got game wouldn't let me buy it from their website. Being in Europe may help in getting it over here, I hope :)

I like to buy it either straight from the developers or at most once removed from the publisher(boxed games) when shopping from the web, that way I know at least most of my money should be going to the programmers and not being split up half a million ways. :confused:
Plus I don't want to use most of the other digital downloads as I don't want to have to download a 3rd parties program to ply my games, aka Steam.
Personally it would be nice if TM was able to do a deal with a payment service and provide the games straight from their website, but it is their decision and i suspect that they don't believe it to be worth while. Still you can always mention it.

(I kind of wrote all that 'cause I know that someone's going to come back and point out Ebay, amazon, Steam, D2D and any number of other sites that you can also buy it from. It saves others keyboards and fingers I'm rather stubborn on this point. ;) )

PS. the Tilted mill.com Hinterland extension website is still up, through it hasn't been updated for a while.
http://www.tiltedmill.com/hinterland/
Last edited by Nighteyes on Thu May 13, 2010 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simtopia23

Postby Simtopia23 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 pm

i'm interesting to this version, i would see this game also in italy where the game is unknown but this is not a very innovation from TM.

Can we know the price of this version of Hinterland??

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon May 17, 2010 8:48 am

It's offered on amazon.de for 29,95€. Which is imho a little bit too high, compared to 19,99$ on download sites.

Return to “General Discussion”