What mods are possible?

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
wonkavision

What mods are possible?

Postby wonkavision » Fri May 21, 2010 12:31 am

I think there should be a sticky for this. Or a separate forum for it.

The games looks to be pretty wide open to modding. I've already altered two character portraits--no special file format or color profile needed. The model textures are right there to be drawn on, and the bump/specular maps don't look too hard to generate for more extreme re-skins. I wouldn't be surprised if you could edit the models in Blender, too. Audio files are there to be easily replaced. The only mystery is how to add completely new portraits, items, animations, monsters, classes, and so on.

scriptsAndAssets\XMLData contains files that, it seems, could be edited to change the starting inventory of any visitor, as well as the drops left by any enemy.

It looks like the .dso files in scriptsAndAssets\data\Creatures are compiled files. You need to find the original .cs scripts and edit them, then delete the corresponding .dso files. Anyone know where those .cs files are stored? They might all be inside one larger archive file. Or the developers might have not included them with the game, to prevent people from modifying them.

There's a lot more information at the Torque Engine forums:
http://www.torquepowered.com/community/forums/30

Handel

Postby Handel » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:18 pm

As I understand no real MODs are made yet. For example I would like to see the "long" game made really long. Basicly I don't like "timed" games so I don't care about the final score when it is based on time; I prefer to explore different possibilities and aproaches. What is enough now - no matter the difficulty settings - are 2 watchmen and a Doc. Getting a dragon pet and Necromancer is an overkill and besides when they are powerfull enough to be usefull the game is actually over.

Aleczacool

Postby Aleczacool » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Probably the ultimate thing would be to have other towns on the map that will grow and you'll be able to fight or ally with. :)

That, and multiplayer.

Hopefully A New Kingdom has this. :)

Return to “General Discussion”