Please play Hinterland & welcome back

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Hinterland
Jeff Fiske

Please play Hinterland & welcome back

Postby Jeff Fiske » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:05 pm

Please play Hinterland as an Orc for a bit tonight. (12/18). Feel free to play as a more normal chracter as well, to make sure there is no surprises there either.

Thanks to Tobing, I found a pretty nasty issue that I want to make sure reproduces for folks. When you upgrade an orc building, like a farm to a large farm, the orc MODEL becomes human.

Also, please ignore any bugs with the Fortune teller, those will be fixed in the next build.

It is okay to get "Holloween Content", even when not playing a Trickster or the Undead. It should just be more rare.

Any other bugs are fair game, please enter them in ET and assign them to me.

Thanks.

mouse

Postby mouse » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi Jeff glad to be back :D
One little thing found while playing Orc a treasure chest with bread which when I collected it didn't go into my food stockpile ;)

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:44 pm

Good to be back.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Great to be back I have been playing the Ork and I love him.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:06 am

I played Orc Lord,easy, long game, requests, no raiders.

Food became an issue mid game and I lost half of my city, even the dragonmaster and my dragon of 36 power, who took off during an attack on 8 power enemies.

I'm not sure if I will ever get enough food to get followers in the last quarter of the game. I thought it was going quite well, but the king's requests for food came rather quickly in a row, asking for 50 food. Food collection seemed to be rather thin when raiding, and my choice to build two pumpkin farmers was probably hindering my town food production.

Pumpkins are amazingly good weapons btw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mouse

Postby mouse » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Julia I too am playing an Orc lord but food is not an issue plenty of meat on raids. There is a trick to it though play as a lone ranger until you have at least 50 food ahead before adding anybody to the town :D Then only add farmers when you can do all the upgrades at once. My raiding party is now full but didn't start my party until I could get a level 5 or above with good weapons :rolleyes: Rolling in money and food this is at easy with everything turned on the raiders are whimps thank goodness :p

aeval99

Postby aeval99 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:50 pm

I've been having the issue with Orcs turning into humans too. Mine are not farmers though...they are guards with towers. I posted a few shots and saves in this thread. It's still happening to me with the newer version, although a fresh start might be in order since I can't remember when I started my latest game.

thegrad

Headless people

Postby thegrad » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:18 pm

I don't know when this happened, because I was able to upgrade the farmers and they remained Orc. Now when I upgrade the farmers I get headless people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Miut

Postby Miut » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:35 am

Just seen this! WIll do. :)

tobing

Postby tobing » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:18 am

Headless means probably that the model has gone, or parts are missing. We've seen that a few times here...

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 pm

I finished a long game as orc shaman. It took me three evenings but I actually finished the goal.

I had problems with food in the middle of the game, thought I would not get the king's request, but it came through.
Settings were all on but no raiders, easy, long.

I was so "honed in" on lasting the game, that I did not watch the farmers very well. I was able to get them to plantation status and my food issues were gone. It took quite a few of them. I find navigation around the city less than ideal. Tonight I will put them in one place and keep a better eye on them.

mouse

Postby mouse » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Well two of my party turned into humans from Orcs when I put them into mystic robes :D

Belzi

Orc sharmane long game

Postby Belzi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:57 pm

I have played a difficultly medium, long game with raiders. I have found only known bugs. (Orcs become humans with and without head...)
Difficultly was ok - no problems with food or end-sites.
The frame rate was mostly 5 per sec. - That's a fun killer!
I like the orc sharmane with his helping creatures most of all characters until now.
Like JuliaSet I have also needed 3 evenings for this game (3*1,5h).

Miut

Postby Miut » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:14 am

Reported 2 bugs - one where the Orc became Human AND had an Orc head as well, slightly lower down than the Human one.
Also a very strange, a Female Orc style chunky Human figure in a blue dress, with chunky red arms, as a farmer.

Bugged in ET as 406 & 407

Return to “Hinterland Beta (General)”