Children of the Nile: Alexandria Released!

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:55 pm

I will try to download this weekend. I hope it goes well, it sounds exciting.

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:01 pm

That fixed it! :D Thanks for the fast replies. Now to play hehe

Yarlen

Postby Yarlen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:51 pm

Yup, this is fixed now. :)

texasmine

Nope, not fixed.

Postby texasmine » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 pm

Still getting the "registered and installed" error message.

Scratcher

Postby Scratcher » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:30 pm

I've had loads of problems with my Steam purchase, so I ditched it. I really didn't mind spending another $20 on this game, since I've gotten 4 years worth of great gaming from my original box copy. I purchased the Impulse Alexandria expansion today, and had the same issue as the original above Poster. My enhanced version is from Direct2Drive, though in retrospect maybe I should have gotten it from Impulse. I really hope not. To date I have 3 legit copies of the game, which is totally my own fault. (:

The error I get when I try to install from Impulse is:
'You must have Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile registered and installed before you can install Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile - Alexandria.'
I don't think I need the 1.3 patch, since the 2 recent copies I bought were the enhanced version from Steam and Direct2drive.

The game is in the default \Program Files\Titled Mill\Children of the Nile Enhanced Edition directory. I'm running windows XP.
Impulse never gives me the option to select a directory for a valid copy of the game. Apparently it doesn't check the COTN default install directory.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Scratcher on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:45 pm

Will there be an Alexandria download version for us dialup players who have to use a friend's computer to download & flash drive over?

So far it sounds like the download looks for a copy of the game before the download starts.

I'm totally lost...

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:06 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Will there be an Alexandria download version for us dialup players who have to use a friend's computer to download & flash drive over?

So far it sounds like the download looks for a copy of the game before the download starts.

I'm totally lost...

Well, with Impulse, you have a "download and archive" feature. It will create a file that can be restored with Impulse to install the game.

The way to use it should be the following:
- order Alexandria on the impulse store
- Install Impulse on a computer with broadband connexion
- Download and archive the game
- copy the archive to a flash drive
- Download the stand alone Impulse setup http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe
on a flash drive
- Install Impulse to the second computer
- Copy the archive on the second computer
- start Impulse and log in
- Install the archive from Impulse

If everything is ok, you should be able to play the game. But I don't know if Impulse allow you to download and archive Alexandria if CotN isn't on the first computer.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:10 pm

"Scratcher" wrote:The error I get when I try to install from Impulse is:
'You must have Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile registered and installed before you can install Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile - Alexandria.'
I don't think I need the 1.3 patch, since the 2 recent copies I bought were the enhanced version from Steam and Direct2drive.

The game is in the default \Program Files\Titled Mill\Children of the Nile Enhanced Edition directory. I'm running windows XP.
Impulse never gives me the option to select a directory for a valid copy of the game. Apparently it doesn't check the COTN default install directory.
BTW, in from the bue orb menu, you can tell impulse to ask you where to install games ;)

Any suggestions?

Are you sure that your Impulse is up to date? An easy way to have it up to date is to click on the blue orb and use the "check for update" menu entry.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Tinkie baby, you will do it! Of course you will, we will be lost without you in Alexandria! :)

I bought CoTN enhanced some time ago from Impulse, since I want to play my favourite without bothering about changing CDs. I am fortunate for having a broadband, it took 3 minutes to download and I am ready to have some fun! Looks amazing! :)

My sympathies to all of you having problems getting Alexandria!

Scratcher

Postby Scratcher » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, Peace Phoenix. I just updated Impulse, restarted it, and get the same error.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:20 pm

"Scratcher" wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, Peace Phoenix. I just updated Impulse, restarted it, and get the same error.

Then you should try to post on Stardock forums here http://forums.impulsedriven.com/forum/457 . The Stardock staff will surely notice your problem faster than here ;)

Scratcher

Postby Scratcher » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

I'll do that. Thanks!

Ramose

English version only for Alexandria???

Postby Ramose » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

I did just install the city pack Alexandria and when i run it, it's in English. Do you know if french version will be available? Not only Alexandria city pack is in English but the original game (I bought a hard copy three years ago) is in English now!!! Can anyone help me?

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm

"Ramose" wrote:I did just install the city pack Alexandria and when i run it, it's in English. Do you know if french version will be available? Not only Alexandria city pack is in English but the original game (I bought a hard copy three years ago) is in English now!!! Can anyone help me?

I guess only the devs will know when and if there are coming versions on other languages. I'm sure they will read this thread too, or you could PM them (Reed our webmaster for instance).

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 pm

"Scratcher" wrote:I don't think I need the 1.3 patch, since the 2 recent copies I bought were the enhanced version from Steam and Direct2drive.

I am wondering about if the D2D version has the 1.3 patch when I read the following thread http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17004

Scratcher

Postby Scratcher » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 pm

"Peace Phoenix" wrote:I am wondering about if the D2D version has the 1.3 patch when I read the following thread http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17004

I was afraid of that. I made a mistake when I bought the direct2drive copy today. I should have gotten it from Impulse. I've been keeping an eye out, and to my knowledge there is no additional patch out for the Direct2drive version. I'm pretty sure my Steam copy had the same problem.

soldyne

Postby soldyne » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 pm

will it be made available on Steam? I purchase most of my download only games from Steam including my copy of CoTN enhanced edition. I like to be consistant.

texasmine

Download Complete!!!

Postby texasmine » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Just accomplished the download even though it started with the not registered error message...LIFE IS GOOD!

Reed

Postby Reed » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:31 am

"soldyne" wrote:will it be made available on Steam? I purchase most of my download only games from Steam including my copy of CoTN enhanced edition. I like to be consistant.

Yes. I believe you will need the Steam version of Alexandria anyway. The Impulse version is for Impulse CotN or boxed CotN.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:42 am

"Scratcher" wrote:I was afraid of that. I made a mistake when I bought the direct2drive copy today. I should have gotten it from Impulse. I've been keeping an eye out, and to my knowledge there is no additional patch out for the Direct2drive version. I'm pretty sure my Steam copy had the same problem.

If that is a problem, you could ask sales@stardock.com for a refund.

Return to “Alexandria”