alexandria no french ?

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
plessis thierry

alexandria no french ?

Postby plessis thierry » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:34 pm

Hello I have just downloaded alexandria on Impulse but maintaining all my texts are in English and not in French there will be a patch to correct small problem thank you “excuse itself me for my bad English :o

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:39 pm

"plessis thierry" wrote:Hello I have just downloaded alexandria on Impulse but maintaining all my texts are in English and not in French there will be a patch to correct small problem thank you “excuse itself me for my bad English :o

I guess an answer in french will be easier:

C'est rarement le developpeur qui s'occupe de faire la traduction. La seule version actuellement disponible est l'anglaise. Pour avoir une version française, il faudrait qu'une autre entreprise se charge de la traduction. Ce qui ne se passera que si le jeu est vendu dans les magasins en France.
Comme Alexandria est disponible uniquement en téléchargement, il est fort peu probable que le jeu soit traduit un jour.

To summarize what I have written: it is very unlikely that Alexandria will be in french unless it sold at retail in France.

plessis thierry

Postby plessis thierry » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:09 pm

OK but I have the version limps in French and after the installation of “Alexandria” it is all the play which is in English whereas the sound (words) are in French

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:21 pm

There was another poster who claimed that Alexandria changed their language to English.

I'm sure TM is working on it. ;)

EDIT: The other post is Here Post #33, also a French player. Perhaps there is a problem with only the French version?
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:46 pm

"plessis thierry" wrote:OK but I have the version limps in French and after the installation of “Alexandria” it is all the play which is in English whereas the sound (words) are in French

It doesn't really surprize me: texts are updated with the expansion but there isn't no new sounds. So the french text files are updated to the ones of the expansion (english) but the sound files aren't changed (so they stay in french).

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:59 pm

"Peace Phoenix" wrote:It doesn't really surprize me:...

It is clearly a bug. TM and/or Impulse/Stardock needs to fix it.

plessis thierry

Postby plessis thierry » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 pm

I hope that TM will find us a solution because it is a pity which one cannot have of versions Frenchwoman, Spanish, German or Italian that deprive to us much because I think that “Alexandria “is a new adventure which one will not be able to play with greatest comfort

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:18 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:It is clearly a bug. TM and/or Impulse/Stardock needs to fix it.

It depends heavily how texts are handled. If all texts are in a single file (like the languagetext file available at the root of the CotN directory), only one language can be used. And if it need to be updated to take in account the new buildings, you end up with the english version.

And localization aren't magically done ;)

And even if Impulse did have all localized versions, I don't know if it will be able to let the user choose its language in order to download the correct language file.

There are lots of hurdles. And since CotN isn't very modding friendly, handling correclty languages might be very tricky.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:34 pm

I am very sorry to hear that you can have Alexandria only in English for the time being, although your original game is in French/Spanish etc. I know this is no consolation for you but most of my games are not using my language, only a very limited amount of games are localized for us. I'm trying to think positive: learning more languages (mainly English in this case).

Reed

Postby Reed » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:35 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:It is clearly a bug. TM and/or Impulse/Stardock needs to fix it.

Actually, it's not a bug. If you install English Alexandria, it's going to change the core game to English.

Also, Impulse only offers English versions of games. The French and other versions of Alexandria will be on Steam (not sure about the others).

plessis thierry

Postby plessis thierry » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Thank you for all these answers of your share, when at the release of the French version on “Steam” why not to have prevented to us that the version from Impulse was exclusively in English??

plessis thierry

Postby plessis thierry » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:25 pm

A last question has when the French exit on steam

Benni003

Postby Benni003 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:56 am

Hi, I'm German and I have the self problem.
Can anyone offers the languagetext.txt in german?
I think if I replace this data, the Game is in German.

plessis thierry

Postby plessis thierry » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:24 pm

I believe that for the German version it will be necessary to also await the exit on “steam”

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:38 pm

"plessis thierry" wrote:I believe that for the German version it will be necessary to also await the exit on “steam”

If I believe what Yarlen (who works at Stardock) has written in this thread http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17983&page=4 Impulse will be able, in the future, to handle localization. But it isn't the case yet.

Return to “Alexandria”