What's new in Alexandria?

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:What did I learn? It looks like TM fixed the Exchange Bug! :)

I haven't seen people walk all the way to a mine Storage Area for years! My Shipwright walked right by my Exchange ignoring it! :eek: I had to build an Exchange Scribe! :D

Yep. :D

A good play-changing correction.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:56 pm

"Yahya" wrote:Yep. :D

A good play-changing correction.

One VERY happy camper here, Yahya!

Ahr me ahrrr

:D

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Heh. I haven't reworked how to plan things with that yet. Used to just drop exchanges all over the city. Now I'll need one central area with a scribe, his goods, and the people that need the exchange.

Back to the drawing board! :p

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:05 pm

"Yahya" wrote:Heh. I haven't reworked how to plan things with that yet. Used to just drop exchanges all over the city. Now I'll need one central area with a scribe, his goods, and the people that need the exchange.

Me too!

Back to the drawing board! :p

LOL Absolutely!

...scratch one each basic exploit... :D

Say bye-bye to mah one central generic DOP for everything! ;)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:40 am

Alexandria Campaign 2 ~ Pharos

This one was a bit weird. The first battle disappeared before I could fight it! :rolleyes:

The Great Lighthouse was a HOOT to watch being built. Prestige when complete started at 62 then went up to a max of 99.

First three images are the usual Win screen & a bit later on Continue Play to clean up the city. This was an Excellent map! I ran outta villagers quickly & my common shops were totally empty! Most Excellent! LOL :)

Image #4 is a DOP trigger-o-mania. I'm proud of this image. Very kewl! :D

Now there are a couple of labelling errors in the copper hauling. When you click on a laborer going to pull the copper sled, is sez "travelling" which isn't so bad. Usually, we get a message like "going to haul basalt".

However, ahem, when you click on a laborer actually hauling the sled, you get Image #5. :eek:

On to Alexandria & the Great Library!

Whoops, I forgot something. The Failed Flood Food Bug on Hard is still with us with Alexandria. Damn... :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:40 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:On to Alexandria & the Great Library!

Remember the footprint! :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:02 am

Alexandria ~ Great Library Footprint Bug?

Now for the rest of the story...

Basically TM did not idiot-proof the footprint for this building. Should they have? I'm not so sure any longer.

Image #1 ~ This is how it looks when we try to place with gridlines turned on. The white plaza road outline is full building size 13 x 13 tiles. This is the correct placement. You cannot place the back half visible portion over an obsticle like a road or the building will be red & will not place.

It is really hard to place the building wrongly, cuz we get the dotted footprint outline like normal to tell us we are doing it wrong.

Image #2 ~ This is how it looks when we try to place the building wrong. The footprint is not red & it is placable. You will have ugly problems if you place like this. The front half of the building which will become arms like the arms of a chair will be built later.

Image #3 ~ This is what the footprint will look like if placed in the position from Image #2 above. You clearly now know that something is wrong. You can delete at this point & have lost nothing.

Image #4 ~ This is the completed building after construction is complete. You can see the arms, central pool & plaza courtyard.

There is also a very interesting hole in the front right corner. You can build a Grand Obelisk here, or a large basalt statue. Anything 2 x 2 tiles. Interesting, no?

Is this why TM did it this way? Is this really a Bug? If TM did it the "normal" way with idiot-proofing, we wouldn't be able to build that Grand Obelisk in that hole.

I love Grand Obelisks! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:20 am

Alexandria Campaign 3 ~ Alexandria ~ Campaign Complete!

No real news to tell you all here. Watching the Great Library being built was definitely a HOOT!

Gold, emeralds, copper & cedar are hauled by four laborers on sleds that hold a maximum of 12 units, just like for the Great Lighthouse.

The prestige for the Great Library in this scenario was 54 immediately after completion of construction & rose to 97.

In Image #2 you can clearly see the Grand Obelisk I built in the hole in the front right corner of the Great Library building. It looks VERY kewl!

Last Image is from the Steam Achievements Screen that shows I completed all of them. Very nice! :D
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:46 pm

That's very interesting about the 2x2 building. Hadn't thought of that.

Now we just need a librarian or something to place there. :D :p

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 am

Didn't have Grand Obelisks, only obelisk. I would think bug. However, you can place obelisks that look really neat.

Also, have you queried (clicked on) a laborer hauling materials to a wonder?

Return to “Alexandria”