Impulse Download-Alexandria

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
Sheshong

Impulse Download-Alexandria

Postby Sheshong » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:45 am

I have been trying to get the install from Impulse since 9-10-08, and since I have a boxed version from 2004 it won't let me! :mad:
This is what I received from them:

Hi,

Impulse actually needs to see the purchase registered to your account. From there is will create the install paths for you and basically do all the work. Is there any sort of registration you did when you purchased the game that you could retrieve from Tilted Mill?

You can change the install path in Impulse by clicking on the Stardock Orb in the top left > preferences > folders. From there you can change the settings, default directory, and so on. I have not tried myself but you can see if Impulse will recognize the install once you point it to the current location. This is unlikely but not impossible.

If you can contact Tilted Mill and see if they can provide you with any info. Under their previous install structure the serial number might be buried in registration somewhere. From there you could register in Impulse and never have to go through this again. Please let me know if I can be of any help here.

Cheers,
-----------------
Travis G
Stardock Corporation
Technical Advisor

http://www.stardock.com

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:12 am

Have you patched your boxed version to EE level ?

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:43 pm

I have all of the enhancements installed to my boxed version “Children of the Nile”. :D
What I don’t understand is why do I not get a download of Alexandria instead of an install? If I could get the download, then I could install it in my game like I did the other enhancements! :(
I thought I paid for a download? :rolleyes:

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:27 pm

"Sheshong" wrote:I have all of the enhancements installed to my boxed version “Children of the Nile”. :D
What I don’t understand is why do I not get a download of Alexandria instead of an install? If I could get the download, then I could install it in my game like I did the other enhancements! :(
I thought I paid for a download? :rolleyes:

Impulse doesn't work that way.

What is your version of Impulse? (click on the ? button on the top right and select about Impulse)

Sheshong

Postby Sheshong » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:36 pm

Impluse Version-3.02.300
(Images-300.137)

tenordrummer

Can't download Alexandria

Postby tenordrummer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm

I have the Steam version of CotN. I just bought the new update from Impulse, but can't get it to download. Where do I put it? I've tried putting it in the Steam file, but keep getting the message for registration or search. Will this version work with the Steam version of the game? If not, when will Steam get the update?

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:12 pm

"Sheshong" wrote:Impluse Version-3.02.300
(Images-300.137)

Strange, it should work. Some people were able to install Alexandria without having bought CotN on Impulse.

You could try to do the following:
Blue orb -> preference
Advanced settings -> Folders and hit Reset Data

Normally the way how it should behaved is explained in this thread
http://forums.impulsedriven.com/324194

lynnk

Postby lynnk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:17 pm

"tenordrummer" wrote:I have the Steam version of CotN. I just bought the new update from Impulse, but can't get it to download. Where do I put it? I've tried putting it in the Steam file, but keep getting the message for registration or search. Will this version work with the Steam version of the game? If not, when will Steam get the update?

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showthread.php?p=199603#post199603

Post# 39 from Reed:

Yes. I believe you will need the Steam version of Alexandria anyway. The Impulse version is for Impulse CotN or boxed CotN.

Steam will be getting their own version of Alexandria...

I can't even install the Impulse software without seriously crashing my PC... :(

I am hoping it will soon be fixed... ;)

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 pm

"tenordrummer" wrote:I have the Steam version of CotN. I just bought the new update from Impulse, but can't get it to download. Where do I put it? I've tried putting it in the Steam file, but keep getting the message for registration or search. Will this version work with the Steam version of the game? If not, when will Steam get the update?

I don't kow if it will works with the steam version. You may want to post in this thread http://forums.impulsedriven.com/324260 to see if they can help you.

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:35 pm

"lynnk" wrote:I can't even install the Impulse software without seriously crashing my PC... :(

Have you tried to install it with the stand alone version of impulse http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe ?

Scratcher

Postby Scratcher » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 pm

"Peace Phoenix" wrote:Have you tried to install it with the stand alone version of impulse http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe ?

Thanks Peace Phoenix. This latest update seems to have fixed the problem. Installing as we speak. I had all but given up.
Thanks again!

Peace Phoenix

Postby Peace Phoenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:04 pm

"Scratcher" wrote:Thanks Peace Phoenix. This latest update seems to have fixed the problem. Installing as we speak. I had all but given up.
Thanks again!

I hope you will be able to play Alexandria soon.
BTW, on which version of CotN are you installing the expansion?

Scratcher

Postby Scratcher » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:54 pm

I loaded a quick game, just to make sure the install went fine. Everything is peachy. I'm running the Enhanced edition from Direct2Drive, and the Impulse Alexandria pack.

lynnk

Postby lynnk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:18 am

"Peace Phoenix" wrote:Have you tried to install it with the stand alone version of impulse http://www.impulsedriven.com/impulse_setup_full.exe ?

Thanks for the help Peace Phoenix :)

...but luckily I've just managed to get it to install after lots of emails from Stardock support who eventually found and fixed my broken Microsoft's .net framework#2 [this was not easy to fix ;) ]

I have just finished installing Alexandria but first wanted to update here and let everyone know just how helpful Stardock have been :)

AnnT

Postby AnnT » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:55 pm

Quite annoying. After finally figuring out how to use Impulse, and downloading and installing it, finding where they put the game download...and getting the message "sorry. not registered", etc....I told it where to put the download (nono...really...I gave it the path ;) ) it tried to start a download.

Alas. nothing. zero. nada. 0% of 19.35MB. It simply won't download. "experiencing network trouble". I know it's not on my end...seems to be with stardock :( Hopefully it will clear up somehow. Give me a $19.00 CD at the store, anyday.....

arghghg. not to mention that they ONLY support IE. and ONLY the latest version. I HATE explorer. guess it's time to update it. wonder if they can update 3 versions in just one update? <sigh>

5pm: And it has BEEN FIXED!! yippee!! updated IE, reinstalled Impulse, put in all the serial numbers and registrations...and after the network trouble was solved...it downloaded, installed and it's Running!! yippeeee!! AND I'm settled in for the night so I can open a bottle of wine, turn on "the mummy" and play COTN to my heart's content! Life is good :)
Last edited by AnnT on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jodet

Digital distribution is a PITA

Postby Jodet » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:30 pm

That's it, I'm buying a PS3. PC Gaming has a death wish. Starforce, Securom, Steam, Impulse. What a PITA. The games just aren't good enough to justify all this nonsense.

King Faticus

Postby King Faticus » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:47 pm

eww atleast buy an Xbox 360 or Wii..

allhailcaesar

Working ok here

Postby allhailcaesar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:12 am

I also bought the Alexandria scenario on Impulse for the 5.99. I did not purchase CotN there, had it from years ago, do have it updated to EE. Once impulse installed then had to tell the software to update after I entered the serial number, did work. Very confusing tho, and non existing instructions on how to do it in the first place. Anyway, I finally have it and it does run, so don't give up hope!

Trayon5

Hey Ceasar

Postby Trayon5 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:56 am

I have the exact situation as you, bought the game years ago, purchased Alex. from Impulse but how did you find the window to put in your serial #? Can't find it picking through the Impulse page.

Return to “Alexandria”