Where is Alexandria

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
thegrad

Where is Alexandria

Postby thegrad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:43 am

I have finished the first two scenarios in Alexandria. The first one (Naukratis) let me proceed, the second one (Pharos) says NEW. Where is Alexandria. If anyone has a copy of Alexandria, would you please post it so I can finish the campaign. I have finished the Alexandria Campaign
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thegrad on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:39 am

Grad did you read Vic's thread? It might help...

Problems with campaign

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:59 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Grad did you read Vic's thread? It might help...

Problems with campaign

I have read the entire Alexandria thread. And I can not find the reason why I do not get the proceed screen on the Pharos scenario. and when I click on NEW I get the Children scenario screen. No where can I find the Alexandria scenairo.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:05 am

You don't have Alexandria in your "Play a Scenario" Option?

It looks like Vic also had trouble with the campaign progression. I wonder what causes it? Using the Replay button? There used to be a problem with that in the original game.

You can always try Pharos over again from your campaign autosave, but Vic said even those were screwed up.

Do the Lab, Grad & get back to us. :D

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:10 am

I had an analog problem as other said. I could solve it simply restarting the campaign and then it went regularly.
Unfortunatly if it is the same problem you have to start from scratches. :D

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:07 pm

"vic_4" wrote:I had an analog problem as other said. I could solve it simply restarting the campaign and then it went regularly.
Unfortunatly if it is the same problem you have to start from scratches. :D

WOW, if that is true, something needs to be done about this. Come on TM load the scenarios as single games.

thegrad

Thanks Vic_4

Postby thegrad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks to Vic_4 I was able to load his save and proceed to Alexandria in order to finish the Campaign.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:01 pm

"thegrad" wrote:WOW, if that is true, something needs to be done about this. Come on TM load the scenarios as single games.

Say what, Grad? You DON'T have the three scenarios in your "Play a scenario" option? I wonder why that is? No .scn files for Naukratis, Pharos & Alexandria?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The way the game works, is that campaigns (including the Grand Campaign) is an .ssa file & in order to use the "Play a Scenario" option, there has to be a .scn file (unless we use campaign autosaves to access the .ssa).

The two versions of each scenario can and are different (especially in foreign versions ~ mostly spelling & labelling). It is why the US pataches are always larger. The US version got the label fixes & a few other things in the HUGE Campaign .ssa.

You know how to strip them out of the .ssa, Grad. ;) You taught me! :D

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:07 pm

If the problem of Thegrad is the same I had, you have the three scenarios, but in campaign you get a wrong win so you cannot get the one which opens Alexandria.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:27 pm

"vic_4" wrote:If the problem of Thegrad is the same I had, you have the three scenarios, but in campaign you get a wrong win so you cannot get the one which opens Alexandria.

Thanks to your save, I was able to get the Alexandria scenairo, and I took the campaign apart, so I have each of the games as a single scenairo. I am going to put the campaign back together and see if it will play right. You don't know how glad I was to find your save.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:42 pm

"thegrad" wrote:Thanks to your save, I was able to get the Alexandria scenairo, and I took the campaign apart, so I have each of the games as a single scenairo. I am going to put the campaign back together and see if it will play right. You don't know how glad I was to find your save.

I have finally finished the Alexandria Campaign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Congratulations. :)

Return to “Alexandria”