problem registering game with Impulse

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
khjer83

problem registering game with Impulse

Postby khjer83 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:20 pm

Hello all,

I bought and downloaded the Alexandria expansion yesterday and successfully downloaded it from impulse. Everything seemed to be ok until the game asked me to input a registry key for the original version of Children of the Nile. Problem is that I own a boxed version that I purchased at the games release (fully patched up to the new expanded edition or whatever its called) and I don't ever recall it having a registry key. I've checked the box,the manual, the disk and the cd case and nothing lists a key anywhere. Am I missing something simple here or have I run into a roadblock?

speysider
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten

Postby speysider » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi, welcome to the forums

This is normal. Every other user that owns the box set runs into this problem. I would check your local Amazon site to see if they stock it.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:11 pm

khjer83 wrote:Hello all,

I bought and downloaded the Alexandria expansion yesterday and successfully downloaded it from impulse. Everything seemed to be ok until the game asked me to input a registry key for the original version of Children of the Nile. Problem is that I own a boxed version that I purchased at the games release (fully patched up to the new expanded edition or whatever its called) and I don't ever recall it having a registry key. I've checked the box,the manual, the disk and the cd case and nothing lists a key anywhere. Am I missing something simple here or have I run into a roadblock?

This is unfortunately the way Impulse and Steam operates. The Alexandria mini-expansion downloaded online is not compatible with the CD box version; it's compatible primarily with the download version of CotN. Have you checked other threads regarding this matter or contacted Impulse customer support?

Alexandria cannot be purchased on CD.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:16 pm

This is not normal, but rather a problem with your registry if you have the latest patch.

Your Version should be 1.3.0.1. You can check this by right clicking the CotN icon, Click "Properties" and Click "Find Target". Right click the Cotn executable (should be highlited) and select "Properties" and select the Versions tab. Version number should be highlited.

If not, go here.

If version is correct, you may need to re-install CotN & the 1.3 patch. DirectX can also be a problem if 9.0c isn't installed

If you still have a problem after checking the above, post in the Technical Support forum thread.

khjer83

Postby khjer83 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:28 pm

speysider,
I'm not sure how getting another copy for amazon will help. Wouldn't that also be a boxed set?

Azeem,
From what I have read on the forums about this problem, your probably right that it is an Impulse issue, but others have solved the same problem. Unfortunately, none have said specifically how.

tomnobles,
My version of the game was up to date, so I'll take your advice and reinstall. Cross your fingers and hope it works. :) Oh, and yes I ran into the direct x problem prior to downloading Alexandria, but I was able to fix that.

speysider
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten

Postby speysider » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:32 pm

Well, it would have the key on it, but as Tom said, use the link in his post and check your registry (make sure that you are technically advanced before ****ing with the registry: you may totally corrupt your computer.)

Return to “Alexandria”