Materials are NOT blocked by water!!

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
The Sage Nabooru

Materials are NOT blocked by water!!

Postby The Sage Nabooru » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:58 pm

In Naukratis, I've spread out over the three land masses (the riverbanks and the island in the river), and I've built a statue and temple on the island and a statue on the far riverbank (from where I originally established my city). But the statues won't go across the river to finish the temple/statues, they keep saying water blocks the path. But I've built a whole spate of barge landings to help solve the problem, to no avail. They're just not going to send those statues over the river whether the barges are there or not, period.

Savegame included in post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Howdy, The Sage Nabooru!

Large Sittling Pharaoh Statue base on the West side of the Nile?

Yeah it is, sorry. TM forgot how to make maps ;)

Landings need to stick out into deep water, cuz barges are very picky animals. Your Landings in the South near the map edge should work, but they don't.

Bad map design, unfortunately.

I'm gonna try a few more locations & I might get lucky.

EDIT: Problem is not only the Western Nile, but also your Temple on the island, which means the East Nile is also a problem. Map river is too shallow & unbroken floodplains are too wide. Importing statues to a dedicated DOP is usually the only solution on these maps. Landings work for trade boats, but not barges.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm afraid the Tink is right, bad map. So I'll just through in a suggestion or two. Don't build split cities unless you have lots of resources and a large map and are a micromanager or all the above. :cool:

Shrines are a quick & easy fix for turning off the red worhhip light, even if you have temples and cult temple, you still should have shrines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CaboUppom

Materials are NOT blocked by water

Postby CaboUppom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 am

What do you mean by moving the website to another server? Wont they just find it again??

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:49 pm

2 Weirdos back to back.. they seem to be running in pairs this week ;)
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:10 pm

"PantherX" wrote:2 Weirdos back to back.. they seem to be running in pairs this week ;)

Spammers are getting smarter. No longer making threads, just adding posts.

Sic em, Keith.

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm

I've been watching too... He DID delete one, but others seem to be adding to this same thread - or perhaps the same spammer with several spoofed ids?

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Yes Mercedes, YOU are a spammer in my estimation. Two posts, and neither one has anything to do with the game or forum topics. Keith? oh Keith? :D

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:24 pm

"mercedes.2ten" wrote:Can u tell me that who is spammer?lolz

I agree with CharleyK1, it is you mercedes.2ten, forum spammer/advertiser. I have reported your advertising 2x now. Oh look 2 messages 2 advertising messages, spammer.

I really hope no one has clicked on your links. I never click links from forum spammers, even if it seems interesting. If someone is really interested they should type in the url rather than click the spammers link. No credits for the spammers..

Corgi

Postby Corgi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:41 pm

To get closer to the original subject - newbie question, why does the screenshot and the shipping method vary so much from what I'm using in Theoris, please?

Corgi

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Because this is a different game ;)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm

Nope, that's 3 reports now :)

Spammers just don't get it, your not wanted here.

Oh no I'm baiting :(

dollbones

Postby dollbones » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:19 pm

I know this thread is like two months old but I still had to say thank you because I was totally frustrated with this map, as well. I never paid attention to the fact that the perfumers needed so many ingredients to make their perfume and THAT'S why they were always sitting around getting drunk (that's what it looks like to me, anyway ;) ). I have been increasingly frustrated with the lack of places to put barge landings in pretty much all the maps I've played so far...why not on the edge of the flood plain? The farmers are not going to use every square inch and it's a BARGE...it can go in deep water...that's the point, right? The little people still walk around in the water when it's flooded...I don't get it :( Anyway, thanks for figuring all that out. I can stop scratching my head and thinking I am the one doing something wrong and blame it on the game designers! For once, it really is their fault!

cruinne

Postby cruinne » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Reading through, I have to wonder -- do these towns have cedar and a shipwright? Local barges are made of cedar and require a shipwright to construct them. I've really never had the problems described here except in cases where I was missing one of the two.

Return to “Alexandria”