Children of Nile - Alexandria - BARGE and IMPORT help

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
aztec11us

true ...

Postby aztec11us » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:11 pm

thats true ....

i m at 20 % ...got plenty of priests divided for health, school, religion, mortuary

overseers for both hauling and constructing

will post as soon as the piramid complex is done

want to make something truly immortal :)

P.S. OMFG! eiter it skipped one level or it happened so fast i didnt see it !
prestige is 22 from 20 ! :D

one thing puzzles me though ...

in the beggining of my grand projects, i only had 1 overseer
i forgot about him, and he was setted to quarry basalt stratues

so now i have about 6 - 7 small blocks of small statues in extra, near one of the quarries

now, in a more developed stage, i have 3 overseers - 1 for pyramid, 1 for quarrying and 1 for construction

however, i still see theo verseers quarrying NEW small statues, despite having allready 6 - 7 allready hauled out of the mine !

why arent they using the blocks that have allready been detached ?!?
Last edited by aztec11us on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:48 pm

Prestige is not percent. There is no maximum, but you will get the maximum number of educates (35) at 200 prestige.
Every prestige item (statues, steles, obelisks) you place, every palace level and every burial tomb (mastabas and pyramids) as well as some world level events give you a certain amount of prestige each. This prestige decays over time. If your pharaoh dies, your prestige will sink, too. You can check how much prestige you currently get for which building and which event in your prestige report (second report button). You'll see that some things only give 1-2 prestige, while bigger achievments (pyramids, properly entombed pharaohs) give you way more.

I don't know how much statues have been "ordered" by building projects. Every time you plant a base, or dedicate a temple, a statue is ordered. As long as there is such demand, your quarry overseer will continue to produce them. Just count your statue construction sites and temples and you will know how many statues will be quarried.

Why they aren't using them is another matter. What kind of construction is your third overseer set to? If he oversees pyramid building, he won't care about the statues. You have to set him to "statue construction" to get them moving. Setting him on "all construction" however will assign him to the nearest construction site until this one's finished, and if this is your pyramid this may take a while ;)
I'd recommend to build some mastabas to raise your prestige further and use the next educate as an additional overseer.

aztec11us

order

Postby aztec11us » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:07 pm

here is my order

i use 3 overseers --

1) for pyramid construction ( a large one, i m picky :) )

2) quarry statues

3) statues construction

EXCEPT for the 2 osiris statues near the pyramid (these need large blocks), there are NO MORE statues in the city ! either small or large!

thats how i build! i wait to finish a major part, then move on !

after those 2 osiris, i will make a few more, but only after they are build, will i place a base for the new ones!

thats why i m confused!

despite NO other small statues bases, they still quarried some ...

i m down to the LAST 2 statues...for Osiris, near the pyramid
( to guide my soul to the Star :D )

yet, if i place a new small statue.....the nr 2 overseer quarries NEW small blocks INSTEAD of USIGN the old blocks, allready pulled out!

understand now my confusion ?

except this little detail, all city is going great !

cant wait to take it back to the beduins :)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:08 am

Small and large cut orders are different.
Small statues:
If I remember correctly the quarry Overseer (QO) will quarry 4 small statues without any demands.

Once you drop a base for a small statue, the bricklayers build the foundation. Then the construction Overseer (CO) gets an order for one statue, he will order the laborers to go get one of the 4 that are finished.

The QO then sees that one of the 4 ready statues have been ordered, this leaves the available statues at 3 so goes to harvest the next one to get back to the default 4.

Depending on the work queue the quarry laborer (1 worker to cut a block) will usually get to the quarry before the haulers (4 workers to haul) get there to take the one that has been ordered.

Large Statues:
The QO will not quarry any large statues until the bases have been set and the CO fills out the proper request forms in triplicate and gets the Pharaoh's seal of approval.
:cool:

aztec11us

rofl

Postby aztec11us » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 am

triplicate...ROFL...

anyway...feels nice to be 30 prestige...godlike as a leader :)

thnx

but it does feel abit lame to keep quarring small ones unneeded!

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:32 am

But 6-7 small statues surplus is more than the usual surplus, and if he continues to quarry small ones instead of large there's something else going wrong.
Are you sure you don't export them to any world level site? And that you have no more bases for small statues placed or dedicated temples that still miss a statue?

Can you post your savegame?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Daughter of Isis has a World Map site ~ Temple of Amun ~ that requires 10 small basalt statue blanks to open.

I think all the TM canned sandbox scenarios have such a WM site.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:12 pm

And that means that the QO will pull up to 10 to get you ready for that world site. Thx Tink!
:cool:

Numerobis

Postby Numerobis » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:07 pm

I just wanted to say that the patience showed in this thread by some of the people trying to help the OP is really remarkable. I gave up on reading his posts after the third one. Kudos to you guys.

Return to “Alexandria”