Multi-Stage Monument Construction

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
Pharaoh Yamsi

Multi-Stage Monument Construction

Postby Pharaoh Yamsi » Sat May 22, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi, all...

I'm about sure I'm gonna buy Alexandria, but I have a question about the multi-stage monument construction. I was a big fan of watching the pyramids getting built in the original Pharaoh game, and missed some of the detail in CotN regarding that. My question is this. Is the multi-stage construction only for the 2 new great works or does it affect the original monument building? Does it add anything to building pyramids, etc?

Any info would be appreciated.

Yamsi

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Sat May 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Yamsi,

It's only for the two great works, unfortunately. But it's still very cool to watch them be built. They are far more extensive than most of the monuments in Pharaoh.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat May 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Howdy, Pharaoh Yamsi!

You bet the Alexandria Great Works are far superior to the pyramids in Pharaoh. They are on par with the Great Works in Cleopatra & absolutely rock!

Pharaoh Yamsi

Postby Pharaoh Yamsi » Sat May 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Well, that's disappointing. However, I think I am going to get it from Gamer's Gate today because I have heard that it works with the original disk version.

Yamsi

Pharaoh Yamsi

Postby Pharaoh Yamsi » Sun May 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Well, with a heavy heart, I have decided NOT to purchase Alexandria. The Steam version won't work with the disc-based, and neither will the Impulse/Stardock version. Gamer's Gate will, but I have seen bad things with PayPal and I have never heard of Paynova. Also, I just don't see it adding much to the game. Mebbe I'm missing something, but I am just so disappointed with the direct download thing.

Yamsi

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue May 25, 2010 3:08 pm

I use GamersGate and have no problems with them. I also have the original (UK Version) on CD. They don't use a client and I pay with CC, don't use Paypal or any other.

Return to “Alexandria”