Game not detecting barge landings

For all discussion relating to Children of the Nile: Alexandria
Starcomet

Game not detecting barge landings

Postby Starcomet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:49 am

I am on the very first scenario for Alexandria. I am currently quarrying basalt for my temples. My temples are on the other side the nile and the basalt quarry on the other. The game keeps telling me that there are no local barges to transport the basalt but I have at least 8 barge landings (three on side and five on the other) with local barges. What is going on here? I thought the new patch was suppose to fix this? Or is it this scenario that is the problem?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:10 am

Howdy, Starcomet!

The first Alexandria Campaign scenario, Naukratis, is a terribly designed map. Build your city on the Basalt Quarry side of the Nile.

http://www.tiltedmill.com/forums/showpost.php?p=238205&postcount=40

Good Luck! :)

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:42 am

Make sure the ends of the barge landings are in deep water. The game may be detecting that they are in shallow water and ships can't reach it.

I assume barge landings on both sides of the river have barges.

It would always help us if you would attach a copy of your save game to your problem request messages. That way we can load it up and see what is actually going on. It might be something that is not obvious to you and haven't told us about. Having the actual save file let's us do a more thorough job of finding the problem.

Starcomet

Postby Starcomet » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. Yes, I built the barge landings correctly and they have barges at them. There should be no problem at all but as Tinkerbell said the map is poorly designed which it is. I have moved on to the next scenario so no need to worry anymore.

Return to “Alexandria”