Light Priest Leveling

For gameplay questions and strategy discussion
Vulturetx

Light Priest Leveling

Postby Vulturetx » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Okay I am used to having a healer in the party.

But the Light Priest NPC does not level very well.
Since they only cast heals, and they don't draw aggro. They are not usually getting those XP bars.

At the end of last game my party was 12 except for the 6th priest. I had +26 in ATT items on him , so the heals were fast and worthy. But whenever I jumped in the middle of some region the first hit would send him screaming for the village. And yes I tried to avoid healing pots when the priest was around so he could hopefully level more.

Is there some tactic for getting your priest to level with the party?

Thanks

Nenjin

Postby Nenjin » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Consistency I guess. I noticed that my offensive spell casters leveled slower than fighters because they aren't getting hit as often. I think you healer is just bound to level slower as the game is in it's current form.

I'd like to find a way to help them survive though. It's frustrating when the AI decides they need to die and they are outlevled to boot.

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:28 pm

I find that later on in the game you can pick up a Doctor who's higher level than the Light Priest. Then you can send the light prest home to pray (buff you) and take the doctor out instead.

Bolgo The Madd

Postby Bolgo The Madd » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Yeah, magic is slower.

Guards rule and Wizards drool.

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:18 pm

I had a high level (9) wizard this evening and he was doing a shocking amount of damage, he draws threat like nobody's business though so it can be tough to keep him alive if you're not alert. You can speed up casters a bit by giving them Wands instead of Staffs, with the added bonus that they can then carry shields too. Though wands are bit weak, a high level shield can boost the attack higher than a staff on its own.

Return to “Gameplay Help & Strategy”