Healing levels your Priest

For gameplay questions and strategy discussion
Bolgo The Madd

Healing levels your Priest

Postby Bolgo The Madd » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 am

Healing levels your priest... I just noticed.
Awesome

crossmr

Postby crossmr » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:48 am

Yes but its too damn slow. My main character has far out paced my priest even though I spent time leveling a follower and not myself. The priest still couldn't keep up.

My main is 5 (priest has been with me since 2) and the priest has only gone to level 3 and I leveled a guard from 2 to 4.

Priest (and my guess of other spellcasters) leveling speed needs to be increased.

tyjenks

Postby tyjenks » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:58 pm

Overall character levelling is based on the DEF/ATK/Health levels. After any combination of four increased levels for those individual statistics, your character raises their overall level. The fact that priests do not take much damage means their DEF rarely levels and their health rarely raises. SO basically, the heal/attack has to level 4 times before the overall character level increases.

Certainly makes it a bit more challenging, but then healers need to be out of the fray and protected anyway.

Bolgo The Madd

Postby Bolgo The Madd » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 pm

"crossmr" wrote:Yes but its too damn slow. My main character has far out paced my priest even though I spent time leveling a follower and not myself. The priest still couldn't keep up.

You must be lucky and actually get herbs to make healing potions.
I've got no doctor or herbalist in my game... so no healing potions.
My healer is leveling pretty evenly with the rest of the party.

[Tom]

Postby [Tom] » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 am

The Trick: Give your Priest a melee weapon and let him fight weak monsters (if you have still an "easy" spot with monsters). +ATK means +Healing for the Priest, and a little bit extra Def & Health is not too bad...

crossmr

Postby crossmr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 am

"Bolgo The Madd" wrote:You must be lucky and actually get herbs to make healing potions.
I've got no doctor or herbalist in my game... so no healing potions.
My healer is leveling pretty evenly with the rest of the party.

That game I didn't get herbs until almost the end. Just now I sat there and watched my level 2 priest try to heal my level 5 character while he was being beaten on by 3 level 2 raiders.

It literally would have taken 10+ minutes to level him like that. That is just too slow in a game where time matters.

[Tom]

Postby [Tom] » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:48 pm

The Level is not THAT important. Even a Level 1 Priest can equip a Staff Slow/+8 ATK, a Robe +5 ATK/+2 DEF and a Ring with +5 ATK.
And will thus heal quite good despite his low level - because of the stats on the Items. +ATK means +Heal for a Priest/Healer.

So don't give your Healer +Def Items but +ATK Items! ;)

Gerblyn

Postby Gerblyn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:31 pm

The advantage of having the priest use attack for a while is that their attack stat will go up much faster if they're stabbing someone who's higher level than they. So, if you allow your level 3 healer to stab a level 7 Troll for a few seconds you'll see his attack counter fly up.

[Tom]

Postby [Tom] » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 am

But alway risky...

There is a nice bug: If you let him stab an enemy and then equip him a staff again, he will heal and fire missiles together ^^

crossmr

Postby crossmr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 am

'[Tom wrote:;204439']The Level is not THAT important. Even a Level 1 Priest can equip a Staff Slow/+8 ATK, a Robe +5 ATK/+2 DEF and a Ring with +5 ATK.
And will thus heal quite good despite his low level - because of the stats on the Items. +ATK means +Heal for a Priest/Healer.

So don't give your Healer +Def Items but +ATK Items! ;)

If you level a healer just on attack, you're looking at this:
4 att per level
+8 att staff
+5 att robe
+5 att amulet

barring any special items (I got a +10 robe today)
At level 1, the equipment makes a big difference.
At level 8, the equipment makes less of a different. He could potentially have +32 inherent attack.
Max level is usually around 10, maybe 11 , so we're looking at about +44 just from leveling. The +18 is less significant then.

Also I think it might make more sense to equip a slow wand at +4 to get more frequent healing.

Return to “Gameplay Help & Strategy”