I'm a sad, pathetic fool

For gameplay questions and strategy discussion
OhhJim

I'm a sad, pathetic fool

Postby OhhJim » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:52 am

At least, according to the game. And my ex-wife, of course. I lost the game in the first couple of minutes, but I guess I needed to stick around for the whole game, because I couldn't figure out a way to end that one and start a new one! :eek:

There is a "Resume" button on the main screen. Alas, there's no "New Game" button. Am I missing something? Or does TM feel I need to be punished for my sins? No argument, here, I just want to understand what I'm in for.

Ardbug

Postby Ardbug » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:05 am

Click the "characters" button to start a new character :)

OhhJim

Postby OhhJim » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:29 pm

Yeah, that's one way. But it seems so inefficient. I suppose I could also remove the game and reinstall it, which is also inefficient.

CustodianV131

Postby CustodianV131 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:41 pm

I think the character screen works well. I've multiple characters "live" so to speak. The resume button used resumes you're last played character (save). Civ also has that feature, quite handy imo.

Also you can delete that failure if you want in the character screen and then you'll have that shiny New game button back on the main page :)

Also why was the game lost in the first few minutes? Just curious seems like you could play on.

Nemeo

Postby Nemeo » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:30 pm

You just start a new game, in norml difficulty because you're a normal guy, not a sissy. Raiders attack. You die. Then you die again, a little closer to your town center. The mobs camp your spawn site and you die again. And again. And a lot again. And when the last enemy finally dies, your city totalizes 1 people: you, and your treasury consists in a fork, a leather armor and a knife. All of a sudden you realise that your fame is not 312 but -312, and the king pops up and starts shouting at you "you son of a b*tch, you're as famous as Bush in Iran, get some reputation or I'll kick your ass, you have 5 days."

This is the way you lose a game in 5 minutes.

OhhJim

Postby OhhJim » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:35 pm

"CustodianV131" wrote:Also you can delete that failure if you want in the character screen and then you'll have that shiny New game button back on the main page :)

And then you lose all your shiny high scores, which, while a minor feature, is stil a feature. Seems easier to make a New Game button.

"CustodianV131" wrote:Also why was the game lost in the first few minutes? Just curious seems like you could play on.

Started as an assassin, with 0 fame. Went to the smallest dot place on the map, since I needed fame, and found three trolls. Killed 2, but used all my health potions and had to go back to town. Before I could go back and kill the last troll, town was attacked by several trolls. I died. Revived, killed trolls, but now my fame was -8 or whatever. Cleared one area, got 3 fame, yay. Now I'm out of food. That's how.

Return to “Gameplay Help & Strategy”