Beginner need's help!

For gameplay questions and strategy discussion
Foxear

Beginner need's help!

Postby Foxear » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Hey,
I just bought the game via steam and its awesome. But I always loose after some time because I got no food. The problem is, I dont know how to upgrade the hunter. It says "Needs acces to wild" (or something in english).

http://www.abload.de/img/hinterlandceem.png

Also I have lots of items in my inventory and don't know how to sell them.

Thanks in advance

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Howdy, Foxear!

Wild Game is a monster site that you will have to capture, if it even appears on your map.

However, you really should only build farmers for food.

One of your primary goals after food, should be to build a merchant. This requires an upgraded castle & also an upgraded inn. After you have a merchant then you can move inventory items onto the map for a sell popup (1 gold per item). Right now if you don't have a merchant, move the items to the map to drop them & make them go poof.

The merchant also gives you gold every day, even if you sell nothing.

Good Luck! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foxear

Postby Foxear » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Thank you very much :)

Rex Little

Postby Rex Little » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 am

Selling items isn't that big a deal; you only get one gold per item no matter how valuable the item is. If you run out of space in your inventory before getting a merchant, just discard things (hold down shift while left-clicking on the item you want to get rid of).

But do get a merchant as soon as you can. He'll increase your income in a number of ways. And like Tinkerbell said, farmers are by far the best food producers. It probably wouldn't hurt to take a herder or trapper as your first follower if no farmer shows up in the first day's visitors, but once you get that first farmer, I wouldn't spend money on herders or trappers until I had the merchant. Note that you're going to need to upgrade to a manor in order to get the merchant, and once you do that you can also upgrade your farmer.

Return to “Gameplay Help & Strategy”