Infrequently asked questions

For gameplay questions and strategy discussion
Rex Little

Infrequently asked questions

Postby Rex Little » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:00 pm

I have questions concerning some fine points that I haven't seen discussed anywhere else.

1. The online manual states that certain professions are unique (only one of that type can be a follower at a time). If you evict a follower whose profession is unique, can a visitor of that profession show up later?

2. Based on my experience so far, the Necromancer is one of those unique professions. That being the case, is there ever any reason to hang onto more than one set of follower remains?

3. If you build a Temple of Good and then evict its priest, will the temple still satisfy the requirement for adding a High Priest to the town? (Likewise for Temple of Evil and a Necromancer.)

4. If you build a Temple of Good or Evil, evict its priest, and later add an Acolyte, can the new Acolyte be upgraded to build a new Temple of the opposite alignment from the one already there?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:41 am

Howdy again, Rex Little!

1) Generally no. You usually would have to demolish the building & start over with a base character at a higher level. Alternately, just give the character a weapon & take it out for some adventuring to level it up.

2) I think you are confused here (most New Players are). Follower Remains (dead bodies of your followers who have died in battle & can be picked up) are only for the Undertaker. Yes, he will use the extras to give you extra fame (they are consumed).

Necro needs Souls & that is an enemy site you must capture if there is even one on the map at all.

3) Buildings are useless unless occupied. As a matter of fact, such empty buildings can prevent other different characters from coming to your town. So, as a exploit, that doesn't work.

4) No. You can only have one or the other. See above.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex Little

Postby Rex Little » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:15 pm

In #2 I wasn't confused; I just misspoke. I meant to write "Undertaker", not "Necromancer." So you're saying the Undertaker does use follower remains other than the first ones which are required to get him to settle in the town? Does this happen automatically or do you have to drag them onto his portrait or something?

I'm a little confused by your answer to #1. "Demolish the building & start over with a base character" implies that if I evict the follower and demolish his building, a new follower of that type will (or at least might) show up later.

Bottom line: what I want to do is have both a High Priest and a Necromancer in town at the same time. Here's the process I have in mind:
1. Bring in an Acolyte and build a Temple of Evil.
2. Capture a Crypt, upgrade to Keep, bring in a Necromancer.
3. Evict the Dark Priest and demolish the Temple.
4. Bring in the next Acolyte who visits and build a Temple of Good.
5. Bring in a High Priest(ess).

The key step is #4. Will a new Acolyte show up, or not?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Undertaker using follower remains is automatic. You need to do nothing. That is assuming you have auto-equip turned on. ;)

Yes, I think that process will work.

Rex Little

Postby Rex Little » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:20 am

I tried it in the game I just finished, and it worked. Of course, by the time I got the High Priest, the game was nearly over. There really should be another map size beyond Long, with maybe 75 sites, so that a top-level party can get a solid workout.

Something happened in that game which I'd never seen before. I had a Trapper who'd been upgraded to Hunter before he was killed by raiders. Soon after he died, a Hunter showed up as a visitor, and I was able to hire him and put him in the vacated Hunting Lodge. Do other upgraded buildings work the same way (if their owner is killed, a visitor with the same upgrade might show up to replace him)?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:46 am

I guess so! I have never seen a visiting Hunter myself!

Return to “Gameplay Help & Strategy”