Orc Shaman has no enemies at end game

For technical or performance related issues
fpink3

Orc Shaman has no enemies at end game

Postby fpink3 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:14 pm

This bug was listed previously, with no responses of any kind that I could find. The previous posters uploaded their dxdiags and save files. Here's the problem:
I play the Steam version of the game. When my Orc Shaman games (no other character so far) has two flaws. First, a raiding party icon appears at the upper most "camp" in the frontier, the one at the 12:00 o'clock position. It stays there. No raiding party is present. If this happens, then about three of the extreme "camps" show no enemies. The game shows "enemies 0" but the camp shows as active. So you can't finish the game.

By the time I took the attached screenshot, the raiding party icon had disappeared, but you can see the lack of enemies, the zero numeral for enemies, but the absence of a crown on the last camp.

It would be nice to finish as the shaman character.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

eidolad

Postby eidolad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:59 am

Steam version: I have started three Orc Shaman games: each and every one had ended with one of the distant regions with "0 enemies"....game is not winnable.

In my last game: the broken region was the last remaining region - the fortress where a raid just originated.

JaurXe

Postby JaurXe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 am

Same problem here. Strange that they never got around to fixing this, but then again it looks like support ended for this game a long time ago. :(

Edit: I've found a "solution".

1. Go to Documents/Tilted Mill/Hinterland/saves/[yoursave].sav and open it in Notepad of Notepad++
2. Search for " won = "0" "
3. This should bring up the last camp that has 0 monsters and is unwinnable. Change the value to 1.
4. Reload your game and you should get the victory message.

As a reward and proof, (See: "Days left: 4") here's a picture of an Orc Shaman victory after my world-renowned Wolf Blitzer endgame strategy.
Last edited by JaurXe on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

anarchistica

Postby anarchistica » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:42 pm

"JaurXe" wrote:Edit: I've found a "solution".

1. Go to Documents/Tilted Mill/Hinterland/saves/[yoursave].sav and open it in Notepad of Notepad++
2. Search for " won = "0" "
3. This should bring up the last camp that has 0 monsters and is unwinnable. Change the value to 1.
4. Reload your game and you should get the victory message.

I tried it and the game will simply get stuck on "loading characters".

Such a shame, i had an insane amount of food with my Orc Lord (500+).

Return to “Community Technical Support”