Graphic Problems

For technical or performance related issues
Tobi_Germany

Graphic Problems

Postby Tobi_Germany » Thu May 27, 2010 12:02 pm

Hello,

i have bought the german retail version of "Hinterland - Das neue Königreich".

It's similar which graphic options i choose, i have graphic problems:
When i walk with my character the graphics are distort and unfocused (verzerrt und verschwommen).

It's whether i choose 0, 2x, 4x or 8x Antialiasing in the options.

Can anonybody help me? :)

regards from Germany
Tobi

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello,

Please post your DXDiag?

It sounds to me like possibly your video card is not keeping up with the motion. Is this an older Laptop? or older LCD monitor?

Check your vertical sync (vsync) settings.

Make sure that after you change the anti-aliasing options you re-start the game. I would do all testing with AA=0.
:cool:

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 pm

Genau, mach mal ein dxdiag und häng das hier rein. Auch wenn es nicht wirklich danach aussieht, braucht Hinterland ordentlich Hardware damit es richtig läuft... auf meinem Laptop mit Intel Grafik tut es jedenfalls nicht, und nVidia scheint insgesamt besser zu laufen als ATi.

Tobi_Germany

Postby Tobi_Germany » Fri May 28, 2010 5:09 pm

...the dxdiag.txt from my PC. I have the same problems on my laptop :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Oha. Windows 7 with DirectX 11... is the other machine likewise? It might be necessary to install DirectX 9 because DX11 ist not fully compatible, and you might have to run Hinterland in some compatibility mode. Maybe some of the techies who have Windows 7 on their machines can help better.

Tobi_Germany

Postby Tobi_Germany » Fri May 28, 2010 7:17 pm

"tobing" wrote:Oha. Windows 7 with DirectX 11... is the other machine likewise? It might be necessary to install DirectX 9 because DX11 ist not fully compatible, and you might have to run Hinterland in some compatibility mode. Maybe some of the techies who have Windows 7 on their machines can help better.

the laptop runs with Windows XP.
Intel Core 2 Duo T7250
2x 2048MB
Intel GMA 4500 MHD Grafik-Chip

I hoped, that I have on the laptop no problems...but the same. Can it be a "german retail problem"? :P

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri May 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Hmm, difficult to say... I don't know, because my version is on Steam, so I don't know if there are technical differences (or any other difference) between that and your retail version. Maybe there will be more germans reporting problems or someone comes up with a solution?

Return to “Community Technical Support”