unplayable on Asus Eee PC: 1201N

For technical or performance related issues
Ruuhhly

unplayable on Asus Eee PC: 1201N

Postby Ruuhhly » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:28 am

Hi,

i just wanna know if someone share it what i wrote in the title.

i have 4GB RAM with my 1201N and OS is Win7 Ulti 64bit.

the systemrequirements should be reached. but with any grafic option the game is laggy as hell.

would be nice if someone have other results and could post it here.

greetz from germany

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:26 am

It would be more useful if you attached a copy of your dxdiag.txt file to your next reply. The info you have provided is not sufficient.

Ruuhhly

Postby Ruuhhly » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:54 pm

sry. now i have more infos^^

-Intel Atom Prozessor N330 (1,6GHz, 533MHz FSB)
-RAM: 2x 2GB
-Grafic: Nvidia ION
-320 GB HDD
-Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm seeing one thing in your DXDIAG file that may indicate a problem:

Device Identifier: Could not initialize Direct3D v9. This program was compiled with header files that do not match the installed DirectX DLLs

You may want to ask ASUS about that. They may be able to explain it or have a fix for it.

You may have to also install DirectX 9.0c on your system. I'm not certain that DirectX 11 (Windows 7) has all the necessary files that the game requires. Installing DX9 allowed many Vista owners run DX9 games on their DX10 systems. Hinterland is a DX9 based game.

I would not do that until you have tried other things first.

Since the game loads and runs the problem seems to be with the graphics settings.

Is your game laggy all the time or only when you get deep into the game and there is lots going on?

Have you tried reducing the game's graphics options to minimum settings to see if it makes any difference?

If you have any sort of animated desktop theme or icons running you may want to go with the standard Windows desktop to free up some processor time. I don't have Windows 7 myself, but see if there is a "Windows classic" setting in the desktop options. All those animations and fancy themes can eat up a lot of processor clock cycles.

Make sure you don't have any other program running while running the game.

Try a smaller screen resolution in the game like 1280x1024 or 1024x768. Large screen resolutions require a lot of graphic power.

Return to “Community Technical Support”