Mount up!

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion regarding Mosby's Confederacy

Looks like this could be cool.

Postby Krazius » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:01 am

This looks like it could be a very cool game! Turn Based is not always my thing, but done right, it can be really cool. And the Guerrilla Raids and such just sound like fun! :cool:

Postby OddjobXL » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:47 pm

When I first read about this on Qt3 I flashed back to growing up in Fairfax City where Mosby raided our courthouse back during the war. Mosby Woods was a nearby development as well. A long while back I even create a character for a roleplaying game very, very, losely modelled on Mosby as well. The whole dashing cavalry raider thing was a fun angle.

The design of Mosby's Confederacy is what makes this potentially uniquely compelling. I think of X-Com's interplay between the very individual trials and adventures of the individually named and statted squaddies and the bigger strategic picture. The historical small unit wargame-RPG aspect also reminds me of 101st Airborne which I loved the hell out of. I hope ya'll have the resources to really do it up right with good voiceovers. where you can, and period music.

101st Airborne was great because each of the paratroopers had such distinct voices, biographies and lines. I get that in Mosby the troops will be randomized so that's not quite as workable but still it would nice to pull off to some degree. Hearing a guy's voice you recognise yelling for help or freaking out because he's pinned down or cornered has a real emotional impact generic text notifications don't quite pull off. You'll get that to a lesser extent in the Close Combat games as well.

That's all I've got for right now! Very much looking forward to this one guys! Perhaps "Augustus Valentine Fairfax" will ride again. :D
Last edited by OddjobXL on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolgo The Madd

Postby Bolgo The Madd » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:59 pm

I'm hoping for Fallout combat,
D&D 3.5 NPC leveling,
and War and Peace depth...
wrapped up in the slickness and edge of Fight Club

But I'd be more then happy with HinterLand, Civil War style.

Postby FalseMyrmidon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:34 pm

The Civil War is certainly an interesting choose, not too many games set in that time period.

The description sounds kind of like Total War which is good because I like the Total War games but unfortunate because they're already making Empire: Total War. Empire: Total War is set about 100 years earlier but the technology really isn't all that different.

Release timing will be everything.

Postby Trink » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 pm

I am looking forward to this as well. can't wait.

Postby walkstheplanes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 pm

If it plays anything at all like Myth: The Fallen Lords, or Myth 2: Soulblighter, where you got emotionally attached to your veteran units and such, I'm totally in. I love individual unit focussed RTS's.

Postby tyjenks » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:14 am

Agreed wholeheartedly. I am not normally a gamer who flocks to Civil War themed games, but the features and descriptions have me excited, which is no small feat.

While comparisons can sometime be a weight on a game, any features pulled from the likes of Myth and the intimacy with your small squad as they grow in experience can only mean good things in my opinion.

Postby Sleet » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 am

Great news. AND in 2008! The Tilted Mill crew must work 24/7! You dudes rock.

Looking forward to this one.

Postby fleshtonegolem » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Goody goody.

Yes leveling up your individual units makes for a really fun prolonged campaign. :)

I had such a fun time playing Ogre Battle with only two parties the whole game. :)

Postby Jimhotep » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 am

I'll add my voice to those who are excited about Mosby's. If I'm understanding correctly, the idea here is to create a wargame with a much more intimate feel and focus than other games of its type. Something like Close Combat, only more so, with a turn-based strategic layer. Count me in!
Last edited by Jimhotep on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Huygens » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:02 am

Just checked out the trailer. Unit movement looks a bit too fast for my liking (I prefer TB strategy, of course, both on the strategic and tactical level, but the premise is fascinating, while both the concept and map art is very nicely done. Randomization is good for replayability, but it detracts from the "attachment factor".

I'll be following this title, for sure.

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Hello Mosby's!

I just finally got the game on Steam!

OMG, so much to learn now with having a bunch of new TM games to play. Can't wait!

Return to “General Discussion”