How to Repeat Campaign?

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion regarding Mosby's Confederacy
Tinkerbell

How to Repeat Campaign?

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:07 am

I just finished the campaign. If I restart, I will still have the saves from last time, no? How will I continue?

Do you all delete the old saves?

Help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Update!

I copied the old saves to a backup folder & deleted the old saves ingame.

Onward with the replay! Gonna do it much differently this time & it looks like a random campaign with all the different mission choices anyway.

Love it!

:D

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:46 am

hello tinkerbell.! =)) i c u respond to your self :S any1 else playing this game? it looks good, i m downloading it right now :O it looks really cool. i think people reject the "turn based" term used, they could sell better if use another expression :P somewhere i read that it is really not turn based ;O
greetings and regards ! :)

BTW :P i hope mosby's conferacy be in box version soon also :P
i know it 's diffilcult to happend :S but still....

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Howdy, NobleSeth!

I agree. This is NOT a TBS game in any way. The "turns" are separate missions just like any RTS campaign ladder, except in Mosby's case, the ladder is actually a tree (choose any one of several next mission options after each progression)! Love it!

Jeff Fiske

Playing it for what it was intended.

Postby Jeff Fiske » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Mosby is all about the replayability.

Like many military campaigns Mosby had to react to opportunities presented to him, and each time you play the game will generate different scenarios to make for a very different campaign. I should point out that some of Mosby's more famous exploits always appear in the same year/month.

Exploring the different strategies of focusing on building up Mosby himself vs. his men, vs. his towns is part of the fun. Of course, if you change your strategic play you MUST change your tactics to match - which again, is part of the fun. We (Impressions & Tilted Mill designers) have always enjoyed tactical games with strategic implications. You don't want to fight a pyrrhic victory.

Strategicly, the tricky part is managing your forces so that when the Union finally gets good (between missions 7-11), you had better be prepared or you will not fare well.

Return to “General Discussion”