Charge!

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Mosby
Matt Zimmitti

Charge!

Postby Matt Zimmitti » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey all,

First and foremost thanks for your support with this project. You guys are great.

I want to be very realistic with you on this first build and note that the main reason it is going out is for immediate checks on performance and stability. There's all kinds of text strings missing, the maps are just tech test maps, as far as balance goes it's just meant to be playable, the art is in a lot of cases not "hooked-up" properly etc. etc.

This build is going out in anticipation of a much better one on Friday so that you guys can have some fun over the weekend. I just want to head off any totally red-light crashes and such on different machine configs a couple days in advance so we can account for them as well and not leave anyone behind from the start.

So then, play and try to have some fun, but do so with a grain of salt. Don't worry if you don't "get it" yet, but definitely feel free to discuss what you don't get, problems you run into etc. on the Insiders forum. Come Friday things will be more readily playable and the fun can begin in earnest. I would hold off on "first impressions" threads until the weekend build as this one isn't really intended to represent the game as much as the tech.

Once again, thank you. Your feedback drives this process and is much appreciated!

~Matt

dsmith

Postby dsmith » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:21 pm

I am so excited for this game. I absolutely love the civil war history and I have been craving a good civil war game for so long.

Sometimes I feel that TM is in my head reading my thoughts. Hinterland really scratched an itch for me and just reading about Mosby's Confederacy has me giddy.

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Cool. Not sure if I will have a chance to get started tonight, but probably tomorrow.

I suppose I should update my DXdiag in the other forums one of these days... I had some overheating issues with my computer. On Friday, the guys I bought my system from swapped out my system with a new one and my old HD, so although it *should* be the same for configuration, I suppose I better make sure :)

Bugsy

Postby Bugsy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:26 pm

I'm not usually the big warring type, but this game has piqued an interest for me in that each soldier won't be some nameless blob. It won't be about just amassing huge sections of 'dots' as I call the featureless units most games like this get. Much more strategizing, and even some roleplaying will play a part in this from the sounds of it. Learning curve may be larger for me since I don't normally play warring games, but I look forward to it. :)

Edited: I got my key, and put it in Steam, says Game is Unavailable at this time, please try again later...so will wait a little bit, and try again. Will post when it's working.
Last edited by Bugsy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will Jennings

Postby Will Jennings » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:36 pm

"Bugsy" wrote:Edited: I got my key, and put it in Steam, says Game is Unavailable at this time, please try again later...so will wait a little bit, and try again. Will post when it's working.

The giant "GO!" switch at Valve HQ still needs to be flipped -- that should happen sometime in the next couple of hours.

mouse

Postby mouse » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:37 pm

Oh thanks now that explains why Steam tells me it's unavailable ;)

Bugsy

Postby Bugsy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:39 pm

Can't we send Aeval's smiley brigade after them and hit the switch faster? :D

Living in the South myself, tons and tons of Civil War landmarks around here, so I also really enjoy the history of it. I wasn't real familiar with Mosby, so Googled him...here's some reading to keep us occupied. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._Mosby
Last edited by Bugsy on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

triggercut

Postby triggercut » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm

When my company offered me a transfer from Chicago to Northern Virginia back in 2002, one of the deciding factors was my fascination with the Civil War. For a good while out here I lived not far from one of Mosby's battles near Centreville, and I try to make Sharpsburg and Gettysburg annual pilgrimages. Been to Manassas more times than I can count.

C'mon Steam! Flip that switch!

(BTW, I *knew* I recognized the name "Jeff Fiske" from something besides TM games...thanks to a post on another forum, I now realize that Jeff was the lead designer behind the incredible and amazing (and criminally underrated) Civil War Generals series. Woot again!)

Bugsy

Postby Bugsy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 pm

My ex husband and some of his family lives in Centreville, we explored some of the CW sites nearby when we visited, and even went into the caverns...loooved the caverns. Very beautiful area up there.

aramann

Postby aramann » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 pm

Wasn't making the connection at first but OMG - Mosby's anatomy books!!!! :D

Arkwright2

Postby Arkwright2 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:13 am

"aramann" wrote:Wasn't making the connection at first but OMG - Mosby's anatomy books!!!! :D

my wife is sooooooooo gullible

Arkwright2

Postby Arkwright2 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:52 am

They threw the switch!!!!!

aramann

Postby aramann » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 am

"Arkwright2" wrote:my wife is sooooooooo gullible

You are soooooooooo making your own dinner tomorrow.....

Return to “Mosby Beta (General)”