QotD 10/24: Timing

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Mosby
Will Jennings

QotD 10/24: Timing

Postby Will Jennings » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks a bunch for your answers to the Questions of the Day so far. They've been a big help.

Here's today's:

How long do you spend on a mission?

Bonus questions: How about an individual firefight -- how long are episodes of combat for you? And about how long do you spend on the confederacy screen between missions?

You can find the threads for previous Questions of the Day here:

Sometimes units will run away or surrender. What's your understanding of what causes them to do that?

What goes into your decisions about which town actions and attributes to take, and about which missions to take?

At what point are you most confused about why what's happening is happening?

Tell me the story of the coolest behavior you've seen from the Union soldiers so far.

What are the first three things you do when you enter a new mission map?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:37 pm

In the battles I have fought to date I have spent between 10 and 15 minutes, but I have not proceeded yet very far in the campaign, in the screen I spend ome time less, but I go a little blind, since I am not able to evaluate what is the advantage of many of the upgrades.

Tasharil

Postby Tasharil » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Each mission is 10-15 minutes for me, depending on how scattered the objectives are and how many victims, errrr Union Soldiers are nearby. Firefights range from two seconds (when my scout has successfully lured a lone enemy to chase him right into two squads of riflemen) to up to two minutes when one enemy alerts another, who alerts another, who alerts another, until I look up and the initial group of three enemies has turned into a group of 6, and three calvary coming down the road, 4 pickets from behind me, 2 roving patrols and one reporter from the local newspaper. Seriously, I have had over 10 enemies add themselves to a firefight, some of which were not even visible to my scout at the start.

Between missions, I visit all ten towns and decide what to upgrade. Then I check out the upcoming possible missions and decide which one to attempt. I probably spend about five minutes between mission, sometimes longer if I post a question or two in the forum or document a bug.

Return to “Mosby Beta (General)”