QotD 10/30: Unit progression

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Mosby
Will Jennings

QotD 10/30: Unit progression

Postby Will Jennings » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:36 pm

With a new build released yesterday, it's time for another Question of the Day:

How often are your units promoted?

Bonus questions: What do you think about the pace? Does unit promotion ever affect your strategy in choosing missions and deciding who to take with you?

Here are the threads for previous questions of the day:

How long do you spend on a mission?

Sometimes units will run away or surrender. What's your understanding of what causes them to do that?

What goes into your decisions about which town actions and attributes to take, and about which missions to take?

At what point are you most confused about why what's happening is happening?

Tell me the story of the coolest behavior you've seen from the Union soldiers so far.

What are the first three things you do when you enter a new mission map?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:53 pm

I try to get as many soldiers promoted as possible, but in previous version I got very seldom promotions. In this version in the battle I tried I got three promotions, it was a continuation of the game ,so I don't know yet if there are more promotions or if my soldiers were just about to be promoted, but I liked it.

Tasharil

Postby Tasharil » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:25 pm

I started a new game last night after the current build was released. I tried to select missions in the same part of the map so I could check on promotions. Some soldiers got promoted after just two missions. Since I have never completed an entire campaign I don't really have a good handle on the big picture but it just seems that we have gone from promotions too difficult to get to maybe too easy to get. Just a feeling right now and I will have more to say later after I play some more.

Return to “Mosby Beta (General)”