Missions have gotten way too hard for me

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Mosby
Tasharil

Missions have gotten way too hard for me

Postby Tasharil » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:39 pm

It is around August 1864 in my campaign and I am stuck. I have played five missions in a row and have failed every one of them. Everything I have tried has not worked. Every skirmish in a mission I have outnumbered the enemy sometimes as much as 5 to 1. It does not matter because in every skirmish I am getting wounded or dead soldiers. I stay at long range and I get killed. I keep a squad at long range and do a ranger rush and I get killed. I send cavalry in with swords drawn and I get killed. I send one scout to lure enemies away into an ambush and the scout gets wounded almost as soon as he gets noticed.

I am taking superior numbers of experienced soldiers into a skirmish and suffer more wounds and deaths than the enemy. I do not see any way I can test to the end of a campaign. What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something along the way?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:49 pm

I have gone through 5 missions getting some wounded, but being able to win them and mostly without too many difficulties, but now I am stuck too, it has become very hard.

ADJB

Postby ADJB » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:58 pm

And that is how it should be.

Although I agree that it makes testing very difficult you have to consider the playability of the game. If somebody can finish it shortly after getting it then its too easy. To "Win" has got to be difficult, the question is "is it too difficult".

If there was an online aspect to this game then you could make the difficulty a lot lower because your replay value would be online games rather than just the self contained game.

Lenny Eusebi

Postby Lenny Eusebi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:24 pm

could someone post a save where they are having trouble winning, so that I can take a look at what might be causing it?

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:31 pm

This is a save where I had problems, but everytime I restart the game I get different missions, so after a couple of impossible missions set I got one easier and I could win it. By the way now it is not possible to see the situation of an enemy going over him with the pointer, it was a very useful tool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tasharil

Postby Tasharil » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:37 pm

I just tried the same mission again. This time I only had 6 lightly wounded soldiers and was able to complete it. I don't know if something changed, but this seemed a lot more achievable than the attempts over the weekend.

I have attached a save. The mission I was struggling with is the capture horses one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lenny Eusebi

Postby Lenny Eusebi » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 pm

thanks, I'll have a look.

Return to “Mosby Beta (General)”