Campaign Complete! Some questions

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Mosby
Tasharil

Campaign Complete! Some questions

Postby Tasharil » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am

I just finished my first campaign! Wheeeeeeee!!!

I am looking at the end screen and trying to understand what I need to do to improve. Some of the info is very clear.

"You have effectively done nothing to improve the quality of soldier in the area, what a waste." Does this refer to the quality of munitions in a town? If so, should it be quality of munitions instead? If not, then does it refer to promotions or what?

"You have done a poor job forcing the enemy to surrender or desert" Is deserting different than surrendering? How do I get them to desert?

"You returned an outstanding number of your men back to their homes to live in peace" and "You left a few too many of your original crew dead to be praised" These seem to be contradictory. Do they refer to different things?

Matt Zimmitti

Postby Matt Zimmitti » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 am

Congrats!

Quality of soldier refers to the overall rank improvement over time of the troops (may need a little balance). It is possible that focusing in one area of the confederacy with high ranked guys would be offset by a bunch of stagnant recruits elsewhere.

Forcing the enemy to retreat or desert... not the same thing, but pooled here. This is referring to the overall amount of flees and surrenders that happened over the campaign. Basically, a measure of the non-lethal ways of getting bad guys off the map.

The original crew part refers to the "first fifteen" guys that you start with that are already ranked. In the next build they have a star on their portraits. They are your old buddies that you started this whole confederacy business with and it would be a good reflection on you as a leader if they didn't end up dead. Just a little historical twist.

ADJB

Postby ADJB » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:03 am

"Matt Zimmitti" wrote:
The original crew part refers to the "first fifteen" guys that you start with that are already ranked. In the next build they have a star on their portraits. They are your old buddies that you started this whole confederacy business with and it would be a good reflection on you as a leader if they didn't end up dead. Just a little historical twist.

During the campaign I played last night I also got this message. However all my original men were still alive as I deliberately played using only Mosby and recruits.

Non of my original ranked people went into any missions and therefore never even got injured, I still got the same "You left a few too many of your original crew dead to be praised" message.

Return to “Mosby Beta (General)”