Noob questions ahead. You have been warned...

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Kethios

Postby Kethios » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:46 pm

"sakasiru" wrote:All players in the nome that have a temple (even those who haven´t donated) will get a 10% production bonus for 48 hours.

But wait, wouldn't it be unfair if for example, only one person in a nome donates and a lot of cities have temples in it?

Beamup

Postby Beamup » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:27 pm

"freball" wrote:Does the 10% production bonus apply to all production in that city, or just the production of the good associated with the Nomes god?

All production.

"Kethios" wrote:But wait, wouldn't it be unfair if for example, only one person in a nome donates and a lot of cities have temples in it?

Been discussed at length. Most people say yes, some say no.

Kethios

Postby Kethios » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:49 am

I think the cities that should benefit from the temple are the ones who have donated. Because some people, upon discovering that they can avail of the temple bonuses without donating, would take advantage of that fact and just go on ahead with building one without helping with the donations.

riisen

Postby riisen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:43 am

Just another noob question :p

If you got two cities, and they are on the same side of the Nile, do you need to use ships to transport goods between them?

MadZedong

Postby MadZedong » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:50 am

"riisen" wrote:Just another noob question :p

If you got two cities, and they are on the same side of the Nile, do you need to use ships to transport goods between them?

Yes, you need ships. :)

riisen

Postby riisen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:08 am

Well, thats just somehow :confused:

I mean, you could just use a caravan along the riverbank... oh well.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:11 pm

"Kethios" wrote:I think the cities that should benefit from the temple are the ones who have donated. Because some people, upon discovering that they can avail of the temple bonuses without donating, would take advantage of that fact and just go on ahead with building one without helping with the donations.

As Beamup says, this was discussed at length. You can read it in the suggestions forum.

Basically, the answer (from me) is: It is a donation, as in charity, not a price, like in buy-your-bonus. Either you can live with it that what you donate will benefit others, or you have to live without the bonus :p

Rhamses

Postby Rhamses » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 am

I agree that it is only fair that people should donate to the temple to receive a bonus. I know that many would disagree and call those who have a temple and do not donate "freeloaders." Let me play devil's advocate here.....What if you build a temple and make donations occasionally but there are some people in your nome who are obsessed with the bonus and donate excessively. Your guilt can drive you to match their donations and you can completely halt production so that you can dedicate more resources to donations, but is that fair? I mean you can't very well tell these people to quit donating. Some can get quite rude from what I hear. They have some overblown sense of entitlement and think that if they can donate then so can you. I think only allowing those that contribute something to actually benefit from the bonus. If the amount donated was transparent to all donors as well, the true freeloaders would soon become apparent.

seth

Temple blessings

Postby seth » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Does the 10% production bonus apply to all production in that city, or just the production of the good associated with the Nomes god?

Temple blessings increase production of all goods in city were that temple resides!
No Temple =No Blessing
If you donate to temple be aware that the Gods are greedy and if you keep donating before amount returns to lower baseline the amounts of goods requested will keep rising!-S :eek:

seth

Temple blessings

Postby seth » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 pm

The amounts donated are recorded as totals donated in the temple...It is not expected that everyone donate all the time, but as a good citizen in your nome when you are able you should contribute esp. as you grow into a power. Young cities/ newbie's need to wait until can afford to contribute!! :cool: _S-----I have heard that freeloader monuments are fair game for attacks in fact in some Nomes this is encouraged!

Sweetboi

More noob stuff

Postby Sweetboi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:43 pm

So this is my first time with this type of game. Which means that I would love an ally who would be patient and willing to help me learn. In return I would of course try to reward them well once I am on my feet.

In the mean time:

How do I send a message to another player?

Once I have ships, what's next?

:o

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:12 pm

The nome locations are represented by names, numbers, and location north or south. Example: Bastton, (7S); which is nome of my capital city located in the nome named Bastton at 7 South. Other players may be in the north and they would have a "N" instead of a "S".

You can see the nome map by clicking on the name of the nome listd ahead of the city name on the city view map of your city. This will show all the cities in your nome.

You can "zoom" out and see more nomes by looking for the ^ and v buttons clicking on the "-" button. You can use the arrow buttons to scroll toward the north or south of the present nome you are viewing.

You can jump to a nome by typing in its name in the box provided on the nome view map and clicking GO or typing in the number +N or S (example: 7S) to jump to the desired nome. Typing int 7S and clicking GO will jump to the nome at 7 South.

When you click on a city on the nome map, it will pop open a small menu on the left of the screen with the name of the pharaoh and next to that there will be a small Image icon next to it. Clicking on that icon opens the message window and you can then send a message to that specific pharaoh player.

If he replies, you can click on the Image on the city view map screen to accessed received and sent messages.

Once a player has sent you message you can open that menu and click on that player's name and send him a new message using method. Messages received will only be retained for about 7 days and will eventually be deleted by the game. So you may want to write down the player's name, city name, nome name, and number/NorS address on paper for future use.

You can also type notes to yourself by clicking on the scroll icon Image and save such info or anything you want to keep there.

You can also access messaging by clicking on the name of the player that appears on the General, Trade or Nome wall by first clicking on the Image icon. The General "wall", as it is called, is for players to chit chat in. The Trade wall is for making trade deals with other players on the public wall. The Nome wall is for posting messages to other players in your nome.

Ships will be needed to send goods from your city to a player you have made a trade deal with. Each ship holds 100 of anything you send. 500 of something will take 5 ships. Partial shipments of less than 100 will take one ship.

Ships can and will run aground or be sunk so you will have to keep replacing them as you play the game. So keep a small force in the exchange constantly building ships as you play. You will need to have cedar to build ships.

The game will usually cost you anywhere between 0% and 10% of the number of ships you send. If you send 50 ships, you could lose none at all or you could lose as many as 5 from one shipment. You could also lose 1, 2, 3 or 4 ships, it is supposed to be random.

If you want to buy something from the trade wall, you open that wall and type a message like "need 500 cedar. have 500 bricks to trade." Usually basic goods are traded 1:1. If you are trading basic goods for luxury goods the rate is about 3-5 basic goods for 1 luxury item. I find 4 basic for on 1 luxury item is fair. What you pay and get is entirely up to you and the person you are trading with.

You'll need tons of ships so keep building them. The max ships you can have in the game is 500.

I

Return to “General Discussion”