Game interface improvements / GreaseMonkey

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:28 am

"abana" wrote:I thought of one thing that I could try, I re-installed Firefox, and it worked! :) :confused: ;) :D :cool:

\o/

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:37 am

ArmEagle, thanks for all your hard work on this! Enjoy the afterlife :)

Pegasus, for some reason, I'm not getting a BEP on my sculpture or sandals shops. I never really noticed before :o

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:44 am

"Jaguar" wrote:ArmEagle, thanks for all your hard work on this! Enjoy the afterlife :)

Pegasus, for some reason, I'm not getting a BEP on my sculpture or sandals shops. I never really noticed before :o

Nor do you on several other shops (at least all luxuries). With two inputs it isn't easy to find a BEP. Some people aren't even producing any of the goods, some trade half of their material for the second type, some produce the second type in another city...

Though yes, it's easier with sculpture or sandals shops. And I leave it to pegasus to add that if he wants. But I simply drew a line.

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Heh. I never really noticed :P Thanks for the explanation, ArmEagle :)

abana

Postby abana » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:51 pm

What about if the player could choose "BEP to ..."?

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 pm

"abana" wrote:What about if the player could choose "BEP to ..."?

Of course that is technically possible. But until now all options are toggles, so you only have two 'states'. And I think there are at least three possible situations here.

Pegasus Epsilon

Postby Pegasus Epsilon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:46 am

"ArmEagle" wrote:Nor do you on several other shops (at least all luxuries). With two inputs it isn't easy to find a BEP. Some people aren't even producing any of the goods, some trade half of their material for the second type, some produce the second type in another city...

Though yes, it's easier with sculpture or sandals shops. And I leave it to pegasus to add that if he wants. But I simply drew a line.

Added to my TODO list. I'd still like to get a proper rewrite done before I add anything. Not that AE's code is bad or anything, just that it's gotten to the point of nearly impossible to maintain unless you wrote it to begin with.

Who knows, at this rate, I might abandon the whole rewrite idea and just crowbar the changes in anyway.

Khabita

Hmm - have lost a feature

Postby Khabita » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:36 am

I just upgraded to 9.6.7.1 of the script, and now I've lost the red and green numbers in the construction cost boxes. It was working fine just before i got that update. When you have a chance, can you check to see if something got broken while you were fixing something else? :-) Thx.

Pegasus Epsilon

Postby Pegasus Epsilon » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:30 pm

"Khabita" wrote:I just upgraded to 9.6.7.1 of the script, and now I've lost the red and green numbers in the construction cost boxes. It was working fine just before i got that update. When you have a chance, can you check to see if something got broken while you were fixing something else? :-) Thx.

Man, I have no idea what happened, but *exactly one line* in the file managed to get all smashed to lowercase, causing exactly that symptom. I fixed it and updated it, but without a version bump as this was just a complete aberration. If you're experiencing this problem, go through the motions of updating, but notice that it's not actually going to update anything, it's just going to un-break.

Sorry folks, not the best of starts. :\

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

"Pegasus Epsilon" wrote:Man, I have no idea what happened, but *exactly one line* in the file managed to get all smashed to lowercase, causing exactly that symptom. I fixed it and updated it, but without a version bump as this was just a complete aberration. If you're experiencing this problem, go through the motions of updating, but notice that it's not actually going to update anything, it's just going to un-break.

Sorry folks, not the best of starts. :\

*slaps Pegasus

Khabita

Postby Khabita » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:47 pm

* slaps Pegasus on other cheek :-)

I just went in and checked again, and everything is working now. Thanks!

bob92

Postby bob92 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Is the download link working for anyone? It just hangs on "fetching user script" for me.

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:05 am

"bob92" wrote:Is the download link working for anyone? It just hangs on "fetching user script" for me.

I just updated the link in the first post to point directly the download from Pegasus' website. I'll repeat it here: http://pegasus.pimpninjas.org/nileonline/pno-GMscript.user.js
That link works fine for me (Maybe the referring of the link from my website to Pegasus' didn't really work for you).

Nefercau

Postby Nefercau » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:13 pm

"Pegasus Epsilon" wrote:Added to my TODO list. I'd still like to get a proper rewrite done before I add anything. Not that AE's code is bad or anything, just that it's gotten to the point of nearly impossible to maintain unless you wrote it to begin with.

Who knows, at this rate, I might abandon the whole rewrite idea and just crowbar the changes in anyway.

It's certainly more professional to do it that way. :D

Saiph

Postby Saiph » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 pm

ArmEagle, I feel quite sad at the news that you're leaving NO. I've been playing the game a few weeks now, and one of the first WOW!-type things I found on the forums was your script, which improves the playability of the game several thousand percent! And of course the associated thread, which explains so many things and helps newbie players like me. If I remember correctly, I've also had the pleasure of trading with you in-game. I haven't had the time to check the forums regularly, so I didn't know you were leaving until now.

Do you not feel like starting again and playing that "perfect" game that we all dream of? How long has it taken you to reach immortality? I'm so busy looking after my three cities (levels 12, 12, and 11) that I haven't had time to work out how long it's going to take to get to the top!

If you're sure you're leaving, then I wish you well with whatever you decide to spend your time on in the future. Thanks for your superb script, and I'm glad you've left it in responsible hands, to carry on the development.

Good luck!

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 pm

"Saiph" wrote:ArmEagle, I feel quite sad at the news that you're leaving NO. I've been playing the game a few weeks now, and one of the first WOW!-type things I found on the forums was your script, which improves the playability of the game several thousand percent! And of course the associated thread, which explains so many things and helps newbie players like me. If I remember correctly, I've also had the pleasure of trading with you in-game. I haven't had the time to check the forums regularly, so I didn't know you were leaving until now.

Do you not feel like starting again and playing that "perfect" game that we all dream of? How long has it taken you to reach immortality? I'm so busy looking after my three cities (levels 12, 12, and 11) that I haven't had time to work out how long it's going to take to get to the top!

If you're sure you're leaving, then I wish you well with whatever you decide to spend your time on in the future. Thanks for your superb script, and I'm glad you've left it in responsible hands, to carry on the development.

Good luck!

I've played two full games now. And that was enough for me. It took me just over 3 months and for a long time I was hoping to be the first to go immortal on Theoris. Chaol spoiled that idea though (finishing 11 days before me) and right one day before I was done finlearson finished too.

In a perfect game you'd have to perfectly time your upgrades so you keep upgrading all the time (I ended up with a lot of unemployed laborers). And I don't feel like doing that again.

You have fun though! :)

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:11 pm

"Show 21 nome wide market deals" has changed and no longer shows percentages, even with the reload. Will that be returning?

Pegasus Epsilon

Postby Pegasus Epsilon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:11 am

"DustysMomma" wrote:"Show 21 nome wide market deals" has changed and no longer shows percentages, even with the reload. Will that be returning?

Either I have some very strange bugs in my system, or someone at Tilted Mill is screwing with me.

I did fix that. One byte was lowercased when it shouldn't have been. Seriously, wtf TM.

v09.06.23.1 - http://pegasus.pimpninjas.org/nileonline/pno-GMscript.user.js

Zuberi

Postby Zuberi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:25 am

So why doesn't clicking the link auto-update the GS script? It just continuously says "Fetching user script."

ArmEagle

Postby ArmEagle » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:45 am

"Zuberi" wrote:So why doesn't clicking the link auto-update the GS script? It just continuously says "Fetching user script."

It looks like Pegasus' server is a bit slow to react. After a little while the install script popup opened for me though.

Return to “General Discussion”