Game interface improvements / GreaseMonkey

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Cute, really good job. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:58 pm

"abana" wrote:Am I the only one that hates the way that we have to delete scroll? One at a time, and the deletion is so slow. Would there be any way to add some check boxes and a "dellete all checked"

I hardly ever bother to delete scrolls. They all disappear after about a week anyway. :)

Maybe you get a lot more than me though!

abana

Postby abana » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Having a lot of scrolls in memory slows down the game, try deletingthem, and see how much faster the game runs. I also respoded to a daily trade, that I had responded to the day before, so I thought that if I got into the habit of deleting the scroll when I responded, I could avoid doing that again.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:11 am

That's exactly what I do. It keeps the trading / tracking so much easier.
:cool:

Kahn

for the n00bs out there ...

Postby Kahn » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:09 am

Having played the first couple of weeks without the scripts, and now having the scripts, I have to say that the scripts are worth it. You can see at a glance what you have, what your staffing levels are, and what level everything is at.

lyrical

Update: Safari status - script works in Safari 4

Postby lyrical » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:59 am

"Papy" wrote:For what its worth, I tried installing the script into Safari using the instructions. Got the GreaseKit menu and all, so think I did the GreaseMonkey install correctly, but the Nile script doesn't work. In fact I lose the bottom part of the screen. At least it was very easy to uninstall the script.

Hi, I just thought I would update Mac/Safari users about this. The script now works about 90% in Safari 4, with GreaseKit installed and so on. There are a few bugs (comparing it to Firefox)

- It doesn't seem to remember preferences, so I have to keep turning off Plot Labels (which I don't like) every time I log into the game
- It doesn't seem to get the Total Incoming Goods numbers, which show up as the dreaded NaN (Not a Number (Javascript bug for the non-programmers)
- Some total numbers show up as a ? (e.g. number of hours left until warehouse capacity reached) sort of randomly. Refreshing the screen often brings it back to normal.
- The new incoming scroll alert popup doesn't appear.

These are very minor annoyances though. Mostly, the main script now works great in Safari 4. (The Fairtrade script still doesn't work, but I don't miss it so I haven't dug too deeply into why.)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 am

That's pretty cool.. more support is better :)

Haester

Postby Haester » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 am

I love the scripts, and am trying to install them on a new computer -- does anyone else have trouble accessing them right now? Is Pegasus' site down right now?

Thanks!

Pocket Nerd

Postby Pocket Nerd » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:33 am

"Haester" wrote:I love the scripts, and am trying to install them on a new computer -- does anyone else have trouble accessing them right now? Is Pegasus' site down right now?

Thanks!
I could not duplicate the problem, so it may be your computer or your connection.

Haester

Postby Haester » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:37 am

I'm pinging "pimpninjas.org" and getting no response. My internet connection is otherwise working fine -- I've visited over 30 sites in the last hour. No one else can replicate this issue?

Thanks!

Haester

Postby Haester » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:01 am

Guess it was just a temporary downtime! Thanks for the script (again). :)

abana

Postby abana » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:43 am

I don't know if it is something that I am doing wrong, but once in a while, even though the scripts are enabled, the warehouse limits don't show. When that happens, I close Firfox, then reopen it, and it is fixed(refreshing doesn't work). It is not problem to close Firefox, but I am wondering if this might be an indication that something else is wrong.

It kind of reminds me of when another computer sometimes stopped recognising that I had a CD drive, I would try an load a game that was already in the drive, and I would get that error message "Pleade insert the CD"

Rebotting fixed that.

Golden Archer

Doesn't work with latest FF

Postby Golden Archer » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Doesn't work with latest Firefox. So, where is the latest script? Or, is GM is dead?

Please help lest I start making my own script. :P

Pocket Nerd

Postby Pocket Nerd » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:20 pm

"Golden Archer" wrote:Doesn't work with latest Firefox. So, where is the latest script? Or, is GM is dead?

Please help lest I start making my own script. :P
Which versions of Firefox and Greasemonkey do you use? I do use the latest versions (v3.5.3 and v0.8.20090920.2, respectively) and I have no problems at all.

MoiChain

Postby MoiChain » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 am

After installing GreaseMonkey, the link to the NileOnline script is :

http://pegasus.pimpninjas.org/nileonline/pno-GMscript.user.js

Good luck to everyone !

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:52 pm

Want to post a big thank you for keeping this going. For those of you experiencing an occassional problem with the warehouse limits being a ?, open your warehouse.....

While your warehouse (or any plot) is being upgraded, it's level is not shown when you tool tip it. Therefore the script can't see it. Open the plot and it can see it. Same works for upgrading exchange while building ships - just happens less often. The script can only see what TM reveals so upgrades can cause some calculations to be a bit off until you open the plot being upgraded. Hence the ? for time to fill the warehouse.

itsybitsy2

Postby itsybitsy2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:20 pm

Hi all, my first post on the forums. I've been using this excellent script since I started play NO months ago. I have just recently founded my 4th city and now find that one of my favourite parts of this script (the 21 nome wide market deals) no longer works - I get an error stating "You've reached the maximum number of cities". Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this so it works? I miss it sooooo much !

Lost Wanderer

Postby Lost Wanderer » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:47 pm

Nope. It relies on a part of the game that goes away after your 4th is built.

But at 4 cities you could max out a market pretty easily. :D

itsybitsy2

Postby itsybitsy2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Awww now I wish I hadn't expanded my empire :p

Homeworld'sa

Postby Homeworld'sa » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:20 pm

spambot post above, *reported*

Return to “General Discussion”