Nile Online v0.46 Update

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Anubis Meats

Postby Anubis Meats » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:49 am

So the lab seems to show that the wheat bonus isn't worth it unless you've got an extremely advanced wheat field. I guess I'll ignore the traders in Amunmesha.

ValerieL

Postby ValerieL » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:03 pm

I'm leaning towards ignoring them in my nome, too. I'll give some if the others do, but I'm not interested in chasing the bread bonus. It was fun to give once, but I don't see any point to doing it again.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 pm

Even though Reed said that military was optional, yesterday against my better judgement, I was fighting the Bandits in Palm City ( My Capitol). A few hours later I learn I have Bandits in my second city. Now I open the game and I have Bandits in my third city as well. I have turned off all military and will not even try to raise any more armies. I think I must be the first to have Bandits in all three of my cities at once. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Last edited by thegrad on Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amaiden

Postby amaiden » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:50 am

"thegrad" wrote:. I think I must be the first to have Bandits in all three of my cities at once. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nope I woke up yesterday morning to bandits in all three of my cities as well.Having them in one city is hard enough, it is absolutely ridiculous in all three cities. I really think the developers should spread them out more and maybe give people time to breathe in between nome events. In 2 days I have been hit with 3 bandits and 2 traders. I don't mind participating in nome events, but let a girl breathe for a moment, please.

Bradius

Postby Bradius » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:51 am

Only 48 Hours of bonus wheat for meeting the Numidian trader demands! That is crazy! I figured it would be there for several weeks. Well, that is one aspect I am not going to pursue again. As others have said, it just is not good economics as it is currently provided.

I am also a bit turned off with the bandits as well. The amount of army that is required is quite large for me. I am working with my fellow nome citizens to build up a big enough army in the one nome where I have them. I guess I will see if it makes any economic sense to bother with this one too.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:10 am

"Bradius" wrote:Only 48 Hours of bonus wheat for meeting the Numidian trader demands! That is crazy!

This might help. ;)

"Reed" wrote:If a nome is that small and doesn't have an abundance of goods, they probably should ignore it. Also, the timeframe for steles is a big wildcard. Could be anywhere from 48hrs to a week+. Sometimes you'll get unlucky... Many nomes still haven't had a first stele, let alone one already replaced. Need more time to see if it needs to be adjusted or not, or maybe increase the minimum.

Betelgeuse

Postby Betelgeuse » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:24 am

the bonus is already very small and you have a chance of it going before you can hope to break even. (that is not counting you never want to just break even)
This even needs alot of improvements to make it worth it.

I do like the idea of a lux sink though. The idea of a good bonus to bread and wheat would drive up the price of lux but the way it was put in makes little sense.

Compare it to the raider event. It makes a great sink for bronze, leather, and cedar. Scales to how much you put in so even smaller cities can help. Gives you back other luxes raising the prices of bronze, leather, and cedar even higher. There are some problems with the minimum amount of them but otherwise this is a great event.

existenz

Postby existenz » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:05 am

I agree - I thought the bandit event was worth the soldiers I sent but I won't be going for the bread bonus from the traders again - it just isn't worth it - I could sell the lux goods for more bread on my markets :)

Betelgeuse

Postby Betelgeuse » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am

I just was looking at my henna and it said it had a stele bonus! anyone else to confirm this?

edit: just calculated it and it says it has the bonus but it doesn't really.
Last edited by Betelgeuse on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dreadmime

Postby dreadmime » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:42 am

Yeah, it "says" it does.

Apparently Setafa's one of the "lucky" ones. Got the Stele Bonus on 1/07 at noon game time. it's 1/11 4am game time, and the Stele's still standing.

Still, even with it lasting this long, it hasn't come anywhere CLOSE to anything other than "A complete waste".

spidus
Location: market lavington/onnile osirisnehk cites antinoopolis /karanis

Postby spidus » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:47 pm

stele in my nome osirisnehk lasted the 48 hours and traders where back again uther two citys have raiders

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 pm

How on earth do you send troops for the raiders. I input my number and it jumps automatically to -6.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:35 pm

"Czech Centurian" wrote:How on earth do you send troops for the raiders. I input my number and it jumps automatically to -6.

That means someone over-sent that unit type by 6.

Return to “General Discussion”