Nile Online Wiki

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
speysider
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten

Postby speysider » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:57 pm

Section Added "Nile Online Icons" Experienced Wiki editors, edit the page so that there is a comprehensive list of commonly clicked icons.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

"speysider" wrote:Section Added "Nile Online Icons" Experienced Wiki editors, edit the page so that there is a comprehensive list of commonly clicked icons.

Not needed. See comments...

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 am

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:26 am

Added Expanded Primer to the Wiki.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:50 am

For which all new players will be very grateful. :) ('specially since Aga, AKA Mr. Wiki never wrote one... =/)

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:56 pm

1/ Added First Ship to lay out some options for the common problem of getting cedar.

2/ Re-named the Main Page's Expanded Primer Section to Help for New Players

3/ Proposed in Main Page Discussion) a re-ordering of the home page in the following order:

* Help for New Players
* Commonly Used Tools
* Gameplay by Topic
* Special Topics
* International Help

I think it's important to move the stuff for new players higher up the page so it's easier for them to find; established players and experienced wiki players are more likely to scroll down for what they need.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:55 pm

1/ Main Page changes made as agreed

2/ Updated the Game Scripts page to explain what GreaseMonkey is, provide a link to it, and give more props to Pegasus Epsilon's Fair Trade Calculator (which is so fabulous I want to have its Egyptian babies.)

Ramsses

Postby Ramsses » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:15 pm

I like the tips from beta players, pretty handy. However does this still ring true:

When possible, try to trade your sculptures or sandals for 1.25 of the luxury other goods. Remember, they cost two luxury materials and four regular.

Seems to be a lot of sculpture sellers on the trade wall, I can't see how anyone will be willing to trade for 1.25. :(

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:35 pm

Thanks Darling! That makes things much easier. (Probably should have put it there in the first place :rolleyes :)

Lol, it was originally called "tips from the pros" and so I said "Hell no!" and changed it to betas, which is much more agreeable.

yeah I've had that problem too. :( Someone actually gave a good arguement against that, I can't remember if it was Tyan or someone else, they said that when the tables are turned and we're buying sculptures or Sandals we do 1:1, which is pretty much true. =/

Ramsses

Postby Ramsses » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:18 pm

I like to keep my trading fair, although still finding the prices of each thing. Where does the Fairtrade script get its data from? Is there a list.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm not sure how GreaseMonkey works. I'm guessing it's just a calculator that does ratios of x:y. It probably has a list of ratios for dif goods and mats to each other. The it uses that list whenever you input the dif amounts. Only PegEp knows for sure.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:11 pm

The trade wall isn't the only way. Try beating the bushes. Maybe try direct trade.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:05 pm

"Ramsses" wrote:I like to keep my trading fair, although still finding the prices of each thing. Where does the Fairtrade script get its data from? Is there a list.

The Fairtrade script gets it's value from the Marketplace, which will tell you the bread value of any good (and how much above that a player is selling their goods.) Ergo the calculations come directly from the game itself.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:07 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Thanks Darling! That makes things much easier. (Probably should have put it there in the first place :rolleyes :)

Why? A wiki is by definition a collaborative effort. It's not all your job :)

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Lol, I wish more people would contribute, it's weird having people ask if you can add stuff. XD You've taken Aga's original work and turned it into a well oiled machine, well-done.

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:01 pm

"Ramsses" wrote:I like to keep my trading fair, although still finding the prices of each thing. Where does the Fairtrade script get its data from? Is there a list.
If you look at the labor hours tab on the spreadsheetyou will see the basis for the values. This is the same basis used for the scripts except for Limestone. Limestone is treated differently in the table because there is no alternative use for that labor, so the opportunity cost is only 1 bread. The scripts treat Limestone the same as other raw lux because it requires the same labor to produce.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:04 am

Added a primer on Basic Trading, and linked all three newbie guides (Expanded Primer, First Ship, Basic Trade) in a New Player Guide series.

Added Basic Trading to the wiki homepage under Help for New Players.

GaSplat

Postby GaSplat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Very nice job. :)

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:25 pm

"darlingBri" wrote:Added Basic Trading to the wiki homepage under Help for New Players.

What about tomnobles' thread? :( No one's gonna want to read two.

GaSplat

Postby GaSplat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 pm

The wiki could link to the thread for additional information, but I see no reason to leave something out of the wiki just because its in the forum somewhere.

Return to “General Discussion”