Nile Online Wiki

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 am

Just to clarify --- please try to use "one" or "player" as much as possible and avoid using "you", even in the "new player" guide... cause that's how a wiki should roll.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:10 am

Ah, it is linked.

Sounds like how you would phrase a lab report. :rolleyes:

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Yes, the article always linked to the thread; I love that thread!

"Agamemnus" wrote:Just to clarify --- please try to use "one" or "player" as much as possible and avoid using "you", even in the "new player" guide... cause that's how a wiki should roll.

OK will do.

You made a snazzy menu for the New Player Guide links at the bottom! Cool, thanks. I was going to add one more page, a FAQ just for new players - how would I add it to that menu on the previous pages?

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:04 pm

"darlingBri" wrote:Yes, the article always linked to the thread; I love that thread!

OK will do.

You made a snazzy menu for the New Player Guide links at the bottom! Cool, thanks. I was going to add one more page, a FAQ just for new players - how would I add it to that menu on the previous pages?

All the code is in the Template:menuwhateverthenamewas ..... it's a bit complicated at the moment... too much duplication of code... I am not sure how to do it differently. If you can't do it, just tell me the name of the page and I will.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:04 am

Added an intro to Military and Nome Events for brand-new players. This is the last part of the four-part new player guide. (I don't have plans to add anything else, anyway).

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Agamemnus, would you mind adding Military and Nome Events to the bottom menu, and adding the menu to Military and Nome Events? That will complete the New Player Guide.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:56 am

Well, the way it works right now is that I have to duplicate one menu per.... so that's 4x4 for a 4 link menu....ugh... I need to think of some better way to do it. In the meantime, I'll add it.

Also, I suppose we can make an exception to this guide and when appropriate use "you", "your" and "yours".

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:07 am

If you have a problem with someone's use of "you" variations please just change it instead of pointing it out on the forum and making that person feel embarrassed.

Also, do any of the betas want to add anything else to this: Tips from the Betas

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:12 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:If you have a problem with someone's use of "you" variations please just change it instead of pointing it out on the forum and making that person feel embarrassed.

Well, I embarass myself daily. I don't see how I was embarrassing anyone: I wasn't sure myself if he should use "you" or not and that is why I mentioned it again.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 am

Ah, I thought you were directing it towards Ms. Bri. Apologies then.

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 pm

So. Someone showed up on the wall today and asked me why the Wiki is wrong. I told them, what? The Wiki is wrong? Impossible!

People need to keep closer track of that thing. The Exchange information is wrong. There's a column that states how many laborers and ships it can hold each level, and the columns are reversed. The ship column actually states how many laborers it can hold, and vice versa.

I'll be frank, I never liked the idea of the wiki. And now that it appears to have minor flaws here and there that no one ever notices, I guess I had a reason. There's also the whole OCC page that still states that it's a "contest", which it never was... Someone feel like fixing these things?

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm

it is a contest.. to see how long you can play before the inevitable 48 hour + "nothing else to do" grind gets old and you leave for days on end..... ;)

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:26 am

Do my eyes deceive me or is there no Quarry upgrade table on the upgrade table page :eek:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:28 pm

Then fix the minor flaws. :-| I changed the icons in the exchange upgrade page.

Herodotus: The quarry upgrade is the same as all the other raw lux upgrades.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:23 am

Can somebody please add what minimum warehouse size is needed for Palace upgrades for those Palace upgrades that need it. Preferably on the Palace upgrades table

(Sorry if it's there somewhere already but I can't find it)

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:30 pm

http://www.immortalcities.com/nileonline/wiki/index.php/Palace

"Note: As of v.56, for palace levels 4 and above, your warehouse needs to be at the current level of your palace to upgrade it. This is likely to change rapidly as more tweaks are added..."

Don't even remember if that changed or not.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks Aga,
Seems logical and you are probably right ... but I don't think you get a green line saying "requires level xx warehouse" with every palace upgrade, and there was one where my warehouse capacity for bricks was less than the brick palace upgrade requirement and I just shipped in the extra bricks from outside and upgraded. Not sure which level that was, but definitely over level 6. Probably somewhere around 9 or 10.

abana

Postby abana » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Herodotus, under the pallace, where it lists the items needed for the upgrade, it also saus "Req: Level xx warehouse"

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 am

es, I know it does and you can see it for the next upgrade.
I was referring to the ones to come after that, so I know for sure what I need to build ...
... and how much longer I have to play this damn game and when I can make my escape.

"Note: As of v.56, for palace levels 4 and above, your warehouse needs to be at the current level of your palace to upgrade it. This is likely to change rapidly as more tweaks are added..."

This line is on the Palace upgrade page too Aga. I don't remember seeing it there before but I guess it was there all along :rolleyes:

(Mutters something about wood and trees - Exit stage left)

Return to “General Discussion”