Who is on top of the Keyboard? (The pet thread! =D)

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:Its probably the safest country on the planet.

No wild animals, no snakes etc.

Certainly is beautiful but most countries are in some way or another.

Not with all those orcs, trolls, uruks, and movie producers roaming around... :p

Lol, snakes qualify as wild animals, you have a fear of them I'll bet, otherwise you wouldn't have singled them out. :p I'm afraid of spiders myself.

True, but New Zealand appears to just have a really special quality to it.

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Not with all those orcs, trolls, uruks, and movie producers roaming around... :p

Lol, snakes qualify as wild animals, you have a fear of them I'll bet, otherwise you wouldn't have singled them out. :p I'm afraid of spiders myself.

True, but New Zealand appears to just have a really special quality to it.

Never seen a snake so who knows. Only a few rare poisonous spiders here not like in some countries either. You never think about spider bites here.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Gregorina has found a new home, where she is Queen and only cat. Lilly only has to worry about one "monster" in the house.

Bradius

Postby Bradius » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Humm, not sure how this conversation got on to dangerous or scary critters, but in my parts there are rattle snakes, copperheads, water moccasins, diamond backs and probably a few other bad boy snakes. Ate a rattler once. Tastes like chicken. I have had more than a few encounters with rattle snakes and a few with the others also. As for spiders, we had an infestation of Tarantulas at my folks ranch. We also have Brown Recluse and Black Widow spiders. East Texas, West Texas and elsewhere have their share of bad critters you have to watch for. Heck, the darn ticks and other micro baddies can make walking in the wilds a bad adventure.

Lendi

Postby Lendi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 am

Ugh, I HATE spiders with a passion! :eek: :eek: :eek: Around my neck of the woods we have Hobo Spiders! Big, nasty and mean, they will attack if cornered, they like to hide in clothes and shoes and their venom is akin to the flesh eating bacteria you hear about..

The poison eats muscle tissue and it goes in deeper and deeper and it can, though rare, kill you if the bacteria reaches your vital organs.. Ooooh, nice little pets to keep around.. I'll take rattlers any day over these sneaky little monsters, at least a rattlesnake gives a warning.. :p

Spiders are the only creatures I'm afraid of.. YUCK! :o If it has eight legs then I kill it! The worst thing about Hobos and Brown Recluses is even the cat won't eat them.. Little cowards!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:22 am

Here is an update on Lilly Rose, the new cat. I can't call her a kitten any more because she is nearly a year old. She is still half the size of other cats, and still full of kittenish joy. It is a gift to have her when I get so tired from running to radiation therapy, the uni, just doing everything that seems repetitive and tiresome. Elder care is draining my energy!! Lilly seems to give me her joyful presence at the most needed times. What would we do about lonliness without our pets?

Here is Lilly the new shop assistant! She has to examine everything in the studio every time I go down to work. When all is accounted for, and she has settled down, I get to play with clay. Oscar is delighted to have her playing in the studio and not bending his fluffy tail.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:32 am

Aww... I really just want to hug her! ^^

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:08 am

Very cool cat. Love the shot on the bench. :)

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue May 19, 2009 5:31 am

New Amow and Mangy pics. :D

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Tue May 19, 2009 5:33 am

LOL Looks like kitty doesn't like dragons. LOL

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue May 19, 2009 5:39 am

As hard as I try to get her to give him a kiss, she won't do it. :p

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue May 19, 2009 4:51 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:New Amow and Mangy pics. :D

Wow, is that a dog or a fox? :eek:

what kind of dog is it? :)

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Mon May 25, 2009 9:06 pm

here is the secret life of Lilly Rose.

http://www.scarabemporium.com/pages/in_progress_02.html
Check the arrow buttons too.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Mon May 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Finnish Spitz Pan. :)

Lol, aww now that's adorable. JS, send me your Lilly Rose. :D

Nikiko
Location: Only the exploiting ferocious capitalists check the forums

Postby Nikiko » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:53 pm

This is Michael/Michele/Miguel/Михаил
Sometimes sleeps on the keyboard wrist rest, often tortures the laser printer.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:30 am

You've named him Michael in English, French, Spanish AND Greek? :eek:

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 am

Last edited by JuliaSet on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:58 am

Hilarious! Thanks for sharing JuliaSet!

note- had to get the second off of Google's archived version, original location appears to be a 404. Google archive link.

Nikiko
Location: Only the exploiting ferocious capitalists check the forums

Postby Nikiko » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:You've named him Michael in English, French, Spanish AND Greek? :eek:

I call him Michelitto, when he's naughty ;)

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:17 pm

You should call him that all the time since he is quite diminutive. :D

Return to “General Discussion”