Who is on top of the Keyboard? (The pet thread! =D)

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Siptah
Posts: 430
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: Fürth, Germany | Immortal in Sabah | as Men Maat Ra in Sabah & Theoris now
Contact:

Postby Siptah » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm

That is on top of your keyboard Deguar ? How do you reach the "h" then ?

Deguar
Posts: 1017
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland the Bonnie

Postby Deguar » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm

"Siptah" wrote:That is on top of your keyboard Deguar ? How do you reach the "h" then ?


What do you think I trained the Tetra's and Catfish to do? They are the ones typing not me. It's very handy for those three am upgrade kick offs, I just set the timer on the lamp which wakes up the fish to do it.

Deguakay
Hetephinushr of Raka (59N) Sandals and Leather
Rakheben of Amunsesh (49N) Sculptures and Bronze
Rawaset of Setger (80N) Jewelry and Gold

Amun Nefer
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 am
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:06 pm

"Deguar" wrote:A little something for the kitties and birdies to look at

[attachment=]29379[/attachment]

Deguakay
Hetephinushr of Raka (59N) Sandals and Leather
Rakheben of Amunsesh (49N) Sculptures and Bronze
Rawaset of Setger (80N) Jewelry and Gold

You mean look at and lick their lips/beaks. :p

Caesar Clifford
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Kiwiland
Contact:

Postby Caesar Clifford » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 pm

I just started with the birds again, as a child, my father and I had a lots of em, also planing to expand the numbers, and do some serious breeding, thanks Cliff!


Yeah I've been thinking about doing that as well. Probably only stay thinking but it would be nice to have an Avery again.

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:36 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:Yeah I've been thinking about doing that as well. Probably only stay thinking but it would be nice to have an Avery again.


I miss my birds and wouldn't mind getting another Cockatiel.. This is Jean Luc Picard.. I sure loved this little guy, he had more character in one little toe then a lot of people I've met in my life.. :rolleyes: But I don't think the type of birds you are talking about can be cuddled and will sit around on your shoulder, right? I could be wrong, I may be wrong, but I've never seen anyone doing that with a Finch or Rollers.. They sure have gorgeous colors though.. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Caesar Clifford
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Kiwiland
Contact:

Postby Caesar Clifford » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:58 am

No I was thinking more of birds outside. Like Canaries, finches and quails etc.



I have had chooks for the past 40 years and the last ones just went yesterday. I had been babysitting some since June.

Today is the first day I haven't had any chooks in my chookruns for 28 years. It was hard to remember not to go feed them today. Guess I'll forget sometimes.

Maybe I'll get back into breeding chooks again. I bred Light Sussex for many years. Strange to be without any around the place.

Keketasherit
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: west coast

Ziva!

Postby Keketasherit » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:55 am

Never name a dog after a smart assassin...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amun Nefer
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 am
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 am

"Keketasherit" wrote:Never name a dog after a smart assassin...

International Pooch of Mystery...

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:20 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:No I was thinking more of birds outside. Like Canaries, finches and quails etc.



I have had chooks for the past 40 years and the last ones just went yesterday. I had been babysitting some since June.

Today is the first day I haven't had any chooks in my chookruns for 28 years. It was hard to remember not to go feed them today. Guess I'll forget sometimes.

Maybe I'll get back into breeding chooks again. I bred Light Sussex for many years. Strange to be without any around the place.


Chooks? Chooks? (looking around in :confused :) .. What the heck is a Chook? Do you mean a chick? Like a little chicken? I want a picture of a Chook, please! :p

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 am

"Keketasherit" wrote:Never name a dog after a smart assassin...


Bond.. James Bond...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Amun Nefer
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:25 am
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:24 am

"Lendi" wrote:Bond.. James Bond...

Indeed, on the Daily Show! :D

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:27 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Indeed, on the Daily Show! :D


The Daily Show? With James Daily?..... :p

Caesar Clifford
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:17 am
Location: Kiwiland
Contact:

Postby Caesar Clifford » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:26 am

Chooks? Chooks? (looking around in ).. What the heck is a Chook?


Did you ever see the film " The worlds fastest Indian " ? I didn't watch it for a long time as I didn't think it would be any good but it was quite impressive. there was only one line in the whole film that I didn't like. The " American " who was pretending to be a kiwi said hens instead of chooks. It was not right. Everyone in this country says chooks.

A chook is a hen, a chicken, poultry even a rooster cna be called a chook. But if you are a breeder you call them Cockerels and hens but collectively they are still chooks to everyone.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Ramiz
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Theoris » Osirisxeru (87N) » Inferno /// Bosnia and Herzegovina » Sarajevo

Postby Ramiz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:19 am

Had some fish too, this one is one kind of carp, and some cychlid eggs

Image

Image

Image

Image

Upper aquarium is 350 liters, and lower one is 240 liters. Was pretty much succesful in breeding cychlids and scalars, but the carps were impossible to breed in tanks. Also had a smaller aquarium (120 liters) full of guppy, they were spawning like mad, had about 500 of em. Had to digg through my old discs to find these pics, but I have only birds now.
Last edited by Ramiz on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:17 pm

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:Did you ever see the film " The worlds fastest Indian " ? I didn't watch it for a long time as I didn't think it would be any good but it was quite impressive. there was only one line in the whole film that I didn't like. The " American " who was pretending to be a kiwi said hens instead of chooks. It was not right. Everyone in this country says chooks.

A chook is a hen, a chicken, poultry even a rooster cna be called a chook. But if you are a breeder you call them Cockerels and hens but collectively they are still chooks to everyone.

Hope this helps to answer your question.


Yes, it's probably one of the neatest things I've ever learned.. :p Now, instead of calling someone a 'chicken s**t', I can call them a 'chook s**t'!! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:24 pm

"Ramiz" wrote:Had some fish too, this one is one kind of carp, and some cychlid eggs

Image

Image

Image

Image

Upper aquarium is 350 liters, and lower one is 240 liters. Was pretty much succesful in breeding cychlids and scalars, but the carps were impossible to breed in tanks. Also had a smaller aquarium (120 liters) full of guppy, they were spawning like mad, had about 500 of em. Had to digg through my old discs to find these pics, but I have only birds now.


Hey Hon, ever heard of a game called Fishco.. It's a fun little download that lets you breed, raise and sell all kinds of fish, like the type you raised in real life.. Great graphics, they look so damn real, but without all the work, and you can even set your finished tanks as a screen saver.. I enjoy it, it's a relaxing offline game.. Here's the link if you want to check it out..
http://www.arcadetown.com/fishco/game.asp.. :)

DerGulliver
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:20 pm

Postby DerGulliver » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Our Roomies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aeval99
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: 3rd rock on the left

Eddie

Postby aeval99 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Here is the master of the house, Eddie. Herrari and I are but his loyal and obedient servants.

Image

For more Eddie, click HERE.

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:26 pm

"DerGulliver" wrote:Our Roomies:


Aww, sooo cute.. Ahem, is the cat in the first picture protecting her egg? :D

Lendi
Posts: 781
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:49 am
Location: Freezing arse cold, downtown Idaho Falls!!

Postby Lendi » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 pm

"aeval99" wrote:Here is the master of the house, Eddie. Herrari and I are but his loyal and obedient servants.

Image

For more Eddie, click HERE.


And so you should be...... ;)


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest