How long do inactive cities stay on the map ?

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Caesar Clifford

How long do inactive cities stay on the map ?

Postby Caesar Clifford » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:27 am

I ask because I thought I'd have a look at my old home in 52n, Bastutu.

There is a city there that has never been visited. It has had no activity what so ever. The name has not been changed. It was never green when I was playing there and it still isn't. Anyway I thought the inactive ones or at least the ones that join up but never play with their city were removed from the nome's after 1-2 weeks.

This one has been there since the same day I first started, 31st October 2008. Amazing. That is about 80 days inactive or nearly 12 weeks.

Just wondering or is this one a special player for some reason ? The rest of the inactive cities in that nome were long removed.

Lendi

Postby Lendi » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Perhaps it was just forgotten or, like you said, it might belong to one of the TM test-players and they want to keep it for it's location.. :)

Ramiz
Location: Theoris » Osirisxeru (87N) » Inferno /// Bosnia and Herzegovina » Sarajevo

Postby Ramiz » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:33 pm

No, my ex-trading partner also vanished about 15 days ago or so, but his 3 cities stilll stand there with a grey bulb.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:39 pm

Hmmm. maybe only the capital gets deleted, but the others are forgotten?

What happenes if you click on the prfile of the player? Is it "normal" or are there stats missing (rank, donations...)?

If the player account is deleted, then it´s clearly a bug that the city is still there.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:06 pm

TM might be reserving those sites for expansion by current players, instead of deleting everything & causing logjams of new players in settled areas w/o space to expand.

Thus forcing new players into the Wilderness & not into populated areas as much as possible.

Works for me!

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:20 pm

I kinda got the impression TM's policy is they guarantee the city for 10 days, after which it may or may not get purged based on their algorithms and/or whether Reed feels like running an update query that day.

NoteVan1

Postby NoteVan1 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:33 am

Not sure how this works, but me and some other people recently got someone to join the game. He was placed at 4S... How is a level 1 city going to prosper in the middle of level 15 cities? Anyway, we told him just to delete the account and make a new one. Second time he was placed at 269N. It is further away from development, but over time it will grow potential.

Anubis Meats

Postby Anubis Meats » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:39 am

You advised your friend all wrong. If he's in the middle of a pack of Lv15 cities, what that means for him in real terms is that he's trading on a well-developed market meaning he's going to get much lower prices on whatever he doesn't manufacture. Therefore, his expansion will be faster and more efficient (plus he'll have a bunch of experienced players who will likely be willing to help a newbie out so he can donate to nome events ASAP) than if he'd started in the sticks.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:42 am

Yeah, I have seen that also, NoteVan1.

It's tough having a computer program make these kinds of decisons. Some Central nomes have had quite a bit of players quitting the game.

Tough subject to try to deal with appropriately.

Michlo
Location: Originally Merseyside, England now Los Angeles, USA

Postby Michlo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:45 am

Perhaps some of these people forgot to cancel their payments so may never be removed. *shrug*

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 am

And yet in my local nomes all but 6 cities got removed yesterday. And one of those in each is an inactive one. Strange times but nice to only have 6 cities on the nome map.

clayson4908

Inactive City

Postby clayson4908 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:55 pm

One of the inactive cities in my home nome is a "griefer" city ... how long does it have to be inactive before they can no longer access it?

speysider
Location: Migdol, Osiriskai: Maritis, Sethat-ib: Qadesh, Rasuten

Postby speysider » Tue May 05, 2009 8:59 pm

"clayson4908" wrote:One of the inactive cities in my home nome is a "griefer" city ... how long does it have to be inactive before they can no longer access it?

It is usually up to the date of purge. But if the person has bought inactivity immunity, they cannot be purged at all. :eek:

Return to “General Discussion”