Punished for stupidity

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Ramiz
Location: Theoris » Osirisxeru (87N) » Inferno /// Bosnia and Herzegovina » Sarajevo

Punished for stupidity

Postby Ramiz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:31 pm

I was so curious to see if I will get banned for creating second account, so I did it. I created an user name Animal Mother, got dropped very close to my original users name capital city and send to this city enough goods to bring it up to level 10, also started a second city near the first one. Today I felt really bad about myself so I deleted this account, but I forgot to send the goods back.
Goods lost:
5000 bread, 2000 bricks,100 baskets and pots, 500 cedar, 245 sculptures, 842 cosmetics, 590 sandals, 388 perfumes, 2179 jewelry.

And this all happened when I m struggling to found fourth city. This is my punishment for cheating.

riisen

Postby riisen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:01 pm

"Ramiz" wrote:I was so curious to see if I will get banned for creating second account, so I did it. I created an user name Animal Mother, got dropped very close to my original users name capital city and send to this city enough goods to bring it up to level 10, also started a second city near the first one. Today I felt really bad about myself so I deleted this account, but I forgot to send the goods back.
Goods lost:
5000 bread, 2000 bricks,100 baskets and pots, 500 cedar, 245 sculptures, 842 cosmetics, 590 sandals, 388 perfumes, 2179 jewelry.

And this all happened when I m struggling to found fourth city. This is my punishment for cheating.

Incredible. Nothing more nothing less, just plain ordinary incredible. :rolleyes:

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:24 pm

Well it was technically a test, not really cheating as such, besides you lost in the end, instead of gaining.

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:34 pm

So what did you find out, that you could get away with cheating without any problem?

Lendi

Postby Lendi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Well, I don't condone what you did at all, Ram, and I'm disappointed that you did it, but I have to admire your honesty for coming forward and admitting what you did was wrong.. I have no idea what TM will do but you sure lost a whopping lot of goods..

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:22 pm

What we found out is that Ramiz has a concience.

Immortal Jaguar

Postby Immortal Jaguar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm

"Czech Centurian" wrote:What we found out is that Ramiz has a concience.

Well... that's one word for it... ;)
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
~Missy Dizick

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Alas Ramiz still mourns the loss of his .50 cal sniper rifle, taken from him in the prime of life by the wheels of an army truck. =p

Ramiz
Location: Theoris » Osirisxeru (87N) » Inferno /// Bosnia and Herzegovina » Sarajevo

Postby Ramiz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:34 am

"joshofet" wrote:So what did you find out, that you could get away with cheating without any problem?

I found out that I could get away without any trouble, first city of the Vagrant Animal Mother got emeralds mine, as second city I chose gold, so I could produce jewelry for myself. So two days passed and nothing happened. Then I realized that I would not had any need to trade with nobody, because I have oil, cedar and leather, and soon bronze. This would make playing this game meaningless. My point is that I am trying to provoke good people from TM to do something about this type of players. Even at the cost of me getting banned. I love this game too much, so I will start over if any restrictions take place.

Amun Nefer, I saw a pic of you and your girlfriend and I must say that you are a beautiful couple, oh and it was 7,92 mm.

http://www.zastava-arms.co.yu/images/vojni/sniper/m76_1.jpg
Last edited by Ramiz on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Now that's a rifle worth crying over. :cool: Though the Barret is a sweet piece of machinery.

I think Ramiz, you answered the question. With no need to trade, there was really no point to the game. Just shovel stuff around and you end up with what? Unless of course one just enjoys listening to the screams of foul play coming from the "purist camp". ;)

Since folks seem to be having a hard time coming up with anything constructive or practical to put forward on the topic, I'll kick off a suggestion forum thread with some potentially workable ideas and see if that generates something worthwhile for TM to pursuit. :)

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:35 am

It's really quite easy to multi if you know how to operate the interwebs.

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:14 am

All you need is two different email address's, I guess. Based on how I had to use a different one when I wanted to play the game again.

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:18 am

If TM has any sense they're also using some combination of tracking cookies and IP/MAC logging, all of which can be fairly easily avoided for stuff like NO thats just plain vanilla HTTP data.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:56 am

"Ramiz" wrote:Amun Nefer, I saw a pic of you and your girlfriend and I must say that you are a beautiful couple, oh and it was 7,92 mm.

http://www.zastava-arms.co.yu/images/vojni/sniper/m76_1.jpg

Lol, no we're just very close. :cool:

Yowza! Now that's the kind of gun you take home with you! ;D It kind of reminds me of an AK-47 Kalashnikov, at least the wooden areas, then again most of Kalashnikov's rifles look alike. (I can't believe he is still alive as well)

Lendi

Postby Lendi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:26 am

Personally, I'll take the 'Noisy Cricket' any day! Now that's a gun! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leperous

Postby Leperous » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:44 pm

"CppThis" wrote:IP/MAC logging

AFAIK the MAC address of a computer is not known to any website you visit, unless it's using some fancy Java/whatever addons to collect hardware information.
Last edited by Leperous on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snefru

Postby Snefru » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:22 pm

Ramiz

3 Our fathers and 2 Hail Mary's you naughty boy

Father Snefru O' Flannigan Saturday night confessional :D

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:35 am

"Leperous" wrote:AFAIK the MAC address of a computer is not known to any website you visit, unless it's using some fancy Java/whatever addons to collect hardware information.

Looking through source for some of the pages, I'm seeing a lot of stuff that doenst look like ordinary HTML/JS so I'm assuming there are at least some backend Java calls that might do that sort of thing. You're right its not something a standard web app can do, but browser games have been known to find ways to get it and some later browsers may make it public--I'm not sure on this.

Myst

Postby Myst » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 am

Erm... how did you remember those exact amounts of goods in ur city and not remember to ship them out? I mean did you write down exactly how much stuff you had in them and then delete the city or what?

KineticNRG

Postby KineticNRG » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:26 am

Im sure he calculated the price of all the upgrades he did. other than that, I duno how he would come up with the exact numbers.

Return to “General Discussion”