Nile Online v0.51 Update

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Reed

Nile Online v0.51 Update

Postby Reed » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:25 pm

(includes javascript/css changes, so please reload if in v0.50)

v0.51
- Added Nubian Trader to market (appears when no player sell orders are listed for an item (minus clay, wheat and reeds)). They sell materials for 15/per, goods for 30/per.
- Fixed bug where cargo sliders could corrupt, requiring a reload
- Split [!] bonus notices - one for temple bonus, one for monument bonus
- Added clarification to temple when bonus met but not yet active (due to 1 minute delay)
- Fixed bug with allies list showing up empty if first opened via the Nome level

Ankit

Postby Ankit » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Huge thanks for: Fixed bug where cargo sliders could corrupt, requiring a reload.

That drove me nuts!

CppThis

Postby CppThis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Excellent, the Nubian Trader should take care of some of the hair-pulling associated with being new and in an undeveloped area. :)

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:34 pm

Great, all good upgrades.

I hate the new scribe wall font though! Oh, where have I heard that before...? But seriously, the last time it changed I didn't mind so much, it was just a matter of getting used to. But the bold white letters on a near-black background bleed quite a bit on my poor old, worn out CRT monitor. It's actually much less readable to me now than it was before.

Maybe I'm minority, but... for the first time I actually feel I have to complain about a font change. I always dislike near-black backgrounds, especially with white text on them, it's horrible to read for a longer period of time. Some forums I'm on insist on doing that thing, too, but they at least have an option to revert to the default forum skin. If nothing is done here, I'll have to download that scripty thingy just for the sake of getting a less bleedy font...

Milenko2121

Postby Milenko2121 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:40 pm

the new scribe wall isn't easy on my eyes. too bold and too white.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:47 pm

I can't say I'm crazy about the new colours for the bonus exclamations. They are drab beyond belief. Maybe the original green for the temple bonus, and gold for the monument bonus would be better?

Roo

Postby Roo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks for splitting the exclamation points! I've missed donating because I forgot that my monuments caused it to stay up despite the blessing running out.

Andrelvis

Postby Andrelvis » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks for the update Reed ;) . I didn't like the new font though, my preference would be one of the egyptian-like ones that were proposed here in the forums, or at least the initial font.

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Oh so there was a delay for donating. Thats a relief. I know yesterday I donated about 2000 Jewelry and saw no Green [!] appear, exiting in a fit of disappointment.

Niempie

Postby Niempie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:32 pm

I don't like the new wall font. I find it a lot harder to read. I liked the first font best, second one was also good, didn't mind the change then. But this one really hurts my eyes after reading a while..

Toonarao

Font, maybe color change

Postby Toonarao » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 pm

i like the Font style, it is back to original version without the small caps.
But the contrast is blinding.
Maybe adding a dull color to the Font so its not so bright, or changing the background color.
*** Still a good Update! *** :)

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:36 pm

"Fenehk" wrote:Maybe I'm minority, but... for the first time I actually feel I have to complain about a font change. I always dislike near-black backgrounds, especially with white text on them, it's horrible to read for a longer period of time. Some forums I'm on insist on doing that thing, too, but they at least have an option to revert to the default forum skin. If nothing is done here, I'll have to download that scripty thingy just for the sake of getting a less bleedy font...

Quoted for truth.

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Oh, thank you for the new font! It's much easier to read, and it's not at all the glaring white I had expected from posts. It's a nice light grey. :)

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Yep, sneaky Reed went in and changed it. It's now a light-light grey that doesn't bleed all over the place. I might actually be able to learn to like this one now.

I also noticed the [!]s changed color again! Sneaky, sneaky Reed...

Sandra Linkletter

Postby Sandra Linkletter » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:58 pm

The two [!] are awfully similar. If I take just a quick glance I can see that they are different colors, but if I stare at them for a while they start to look the same. In one way it does not matter, because if you expect two [!] and only have one, either your temple blessing has expired or you've lost your monument which should be rather obvious from the city bar.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:58 pm

"Fenehk" wrote:Yep, sneaky Reed went in and changed it. It's now a light-light grey that doesn't bleed all over the place. I might actually be able to learn to like this one now.

I also noticed the [!]s changed color again! Sneaky, sneaky Reed...

They are still too grayish though. =/ They should be bright and happy! :D

dreadmime

Postby dreadmime » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:08 pm

* - Moved Subscribe to Where Forum was, so people who click by memory end up going to the Subscribe Page as a subtle hint.

:p

JuliaSet

Postby JuliaSet » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 pm

"Milenko2121" wrote:the new scribe wall isn't easy on my eyes. too bold and too white.

I like the new bonus colors[!] [!], but I agree that the scribe wall is a little bright. Cream? If it was not bold, maybe it would not be so halo producing for my eyes if it remained white.

Michlo
Location: Originally Merseyside, England now Los Angeles, USA

Postby Michlo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 am

"Sandra Linkletter" wrote:The two [!] are awfully similar. If I take just a quick glance I can see that they are different colors, but if I stare at them for a while they start to look the same. In one way it does not matter, because if you expect two [!] and only have one, either your temple blessing has expired or you've lost your monument which should be rather obvious from the city bar.

Then stop staring at them!

Hehe. Hmm, I wonder if we could find a way to mesmerize her through them. ;)

Reed

Postby Reed » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:54 am

"Sandra Linkletter" wrote:The two [!] are awfully similar. If I take just a quick glance I can see that they are different colors, but if I stare at them for a while they start to look the same.

The trick is to stare at them cross eyed, until it turns into an image of a 3D dolphin...

Return to “General Discussion”