International Help

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

International Help

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:24 am

It seems that I have run into quite a few players who do not speak English, which is the de facto language of the game. So I was thinking wouldn't it be nice if we had a list of people and which languages they know. That way if someones asks a question, and we need someone who can communicate our instructions to them. It will be possible. I know that most people who don't know English will avoid the Chat Wall, but still in the event it does happen (like it did just a few minutes before I composed this), I'd like to know who I could contact to translate and help point the person in the right direction.

Please post the languages other than English that you know, and can type either fluently or decently.

This will help create a fun experience for even more players. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Just in case someone doesn't... Do be sure to put your in-game name as well so that contacting you is quicker.

Remember to check out the Wiki as well for translated Primers and FAQs. :)

Designated Speakers so far:

Español - Jacquou Le, 2ndphoenix, Neferseti
Français - Siptah, arcan, Rita, MoiChain, NeferTiyi, Ramses Zero
Deutsch - Leoparda, Siptah, oerchen, Inkatra, Sema
Svenska - Fenehk
Italiano - Bubu Khenti, vic 4
Română - Kosminhotep, ghiocel, mafiotu13
日本語 - Bubu Khenti, Spanx II
bosanski jezik - Ramiz
Српскохрватски језик/Srpskohrvatski jezik - Ramiz
Dansk - riisen
Nederlands - Nubiti, Lafertiti
Português - Caesarion, Rita
Suomi - Timhotep, Luumu, Uskurtle, Nittyvilla
Polski - Iconoclast, Niedowiarek
Tiếng Việt - Jacquou Le, 2ndphoenix
Tagalog - MadZedong
Русский - ghiocel
ghiocel - עברית
العربي - Snefru - مصري
हिन्दी - Golden Archer

Co-Managers: Amun Nefer, Andrelvis (Caesarion), and Siptah
Last edited by Amun Nefer on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 44 times in total.

UnzippedSim77

My Languages

Postby UnzippedSim77 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:09 am

I speak Italian and Japanese and can type in both so I can help out for those languages if you need me :)

Cheers.

UnzippedSim77
aka Bubu Khenti - NileOnline

Ramiz
Location: Theoris » Osirisxeru (87N) » Inferno /// Bosnia and Herzegovina » Sarajevo

Postby Ramiz » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:45 am

Count me in for Bosnian, Serbian and Croatian, but you can all put them in one.

riisen

Postby riisen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 am

You can add danish (my native language) to the list. Ingame name is also riisen. Find me at Rasebek (90S) » Dahab City
Last edited by riisen on Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siptah
Location: Fürth, Germany | Immortal in Sabah | as Men Maat Ra in Sabah & Theoris now

Postby Siptah » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:29 am

german / french

Niempie

Postby Niempie » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:36 am

Dutch for me.
In game name: Nubiti

oehrchen

Postby oehrchen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 am

i also can assist with explaining things in German.

Nice idea btw!

Greetings, oehrchen

vic_4

Postby vic_4 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:42 am

I speak italian.

Andrelvis

Postby Andrelvis » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:33 am

Portuguese.

Michlo
Location: Originally Merseyside, England now Los Angeles, USA

Postby Michlo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:48 am

I'm British so put me down for English. :)

Inka

Postby Inka » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:22 pm

German.

In game name: Inkatra

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Also german.

I wonder how that will work. Here in the forum I see no problem answering questions in other languages, but if someone shows up on the scribe wall, he won't wait half an hour until someone capable of understanding him shows up :confused:

Niempie

Postby Niempie » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Sakasiru, I see it more like this, if someone on the wall asks if there is anyone that speaks a certain language, you can look at this thread and give that player the name of the player that is willing to help him out. The player needing help can contact the other player by sending a scroll. Our "you" can send the player on the list a scroll asking them to contact the new player with the questions in their own language, because he has some questions.

Timhotep

Postby Timhotep » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Suomi
Timhotep Bastaai 232S

BTW how do you find a player if you know his/hers username?

Siptah
Location: Fürth, Germany | Immortal in Sabah | as Men Maat Ra in Sabah & Theoris now

Postby Siptah » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Timhotep add him as an ally, you can delete him after contacting him

how about making this info public in the game of when someone joins? so that he knows who he can contact if there are problems. Like add a short text to the primer or the wiki in each language including how and who to contact if there are language problems.

Leperous

Postby Leperous » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:48 pm

"Siptah" wrote:how about making this info public in the game of when someone joins? so that he knows who he can contact if there are problems. Like add a short text to the primer or the wiki in each language including how and who to contact if there are language problems.

Bad idea, since it's open to abuse. Would be okay if you guys were GMs :p

ImaniNile

Spreadsheet Needed?

Postby ImaniNile » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:49 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:It seems that I have run into quite a few players who do not speak English, which is the de facto language of the game. So I was thinking wouldn't it be nice if we had a list of people and which languages they know. That way if someones asks a question, and we need someone who can communicate our instructions to them. It will be possible. I know that most people who don't know English will avoid the Chat Wall, but still in the event it does happen (like it did just a few minutes before I composed this), I'd like to know who I could contact to translate and help point the person in the right direction.

Please post the languages other than English that you know, and can type either fluently or decently. Preferably other than Spanish since it is so widely known. Also, seeing as most of our Romanian audience is very fluent in the English language, it will not be necessary to put that down either. Since the players are also well known.

This will help create a fun experience for even more players. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Desginated Speakers so far:

Deutsch - Leoparda
Svenska - Fenekh
Italiano - Bubu Khenti
Română - Kosminhotep
日本語 - Bubu Khenti
bosanski jezik - Ramiz
Српскохрватски језик/Srpskohrvatski jezik - Ramiz

Nice idea! Recommend a spreadsheet or other tool be created so that the information can be centralized and easy to view vs. scrolling through an entire thread to find the person(s) needed.

Siptah

Postby Siptah » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:56 pm

the problem is that probably most people who don't speak english would not read the forums for such a thread or are looking for a spread sheet.

Andrelvis

Postby Andrelvis » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:25 pm

"Leperous" wrote:Bad idea, since it's open to abuse. Would be okay if you guys were GMs :p

I doubt it could be abused. Actually, it is more likely that it is abused by other people looking up for those people in NO and attacking them.

I have added that change in the wiki, those interested in putting their names up, check the "Help in Other Languages" section in the main page.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:56 pm

"Niempie" wrote:Sakasiru, I see it more like this, if someone on the wall asks if there is anyone that speaks a certain language, you can look at this thread and give that player the name of the player that is willing to help him out. The player needing help can contact the other player by sending a scroll. Our "you" can send the player on the list a scroll asking them to contact the new player with the questions in their own language, because he has some questions.

Precisely Nubiti.

Return to “General Discussion”